Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CA State Law - SHUT DOWN THE ***boatERS

carbonmarine
    Guy's,
    You might want to take this very seriously. Take action & get this out to others .....
    There is a bill going through CA Senate. It's not yet been assigned to committee yet..... But when it is, it will go for vote.....
    Bill # AB 1555 would especially shut us all down due to noise laws... The details are on some boating web sites. I think it should be a major rallying cry to circle the HOT BOAT wagons of support to defeat this ....
    EVERYONE HAS GOT TO CALL AND URGE THERE REPRESENTATIVE TO VOTE - NEA / NO ! .... This might even be something ***boat / LFP unites all boating clubs together on.....
    Sen Ross Johnson:
    35th Senate District - Newport , Irvine, Huntington, etc, etc..
    Irvine Office:
    18552 MacArthur Blvd., Ste. 395
    Irvine, CA 92612
    Phone(949) 833-0180
    Fax: (949)833-0696
    Sen Dick Akerman
    33rd Senate District, which comprises most of eastern Orange County.
    District Office:
    17821 East 17th Street, Ste 180
    Tustin, California 92780
    Phone: (714) 573-1853
    Fax: (714) 573-1859
    Senator.ackerman@sen.ca.gov

Irishluck
    You have got to be f##kin kidding me that their is a proposal for such a law. Just another reason why I am getting tired of this state. Yes I will take a action immediatetly and everyone else that has a boat should too. I wonder if the EPA has some sort of say in this? What a bunch of assholes.

twistedpair
    Are you sure this is the right number? When I do an Assembly Bill search this is what I come up with:
    2001 CALIFORNIA ASSEMBLY BILL 1555: This bill requires authorized law enforcement agencies to advise the public of the presence of high-risk sex offenders in their communities.
    [ February 27, 2003, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: twistedpair ]

carbonmarine
    The people behind this bill are:
    CA St Dem. Sen. George Nakano/ Torrence, CA
    &
    The Bluewater Network of San Fran
    www.bluewaternetwork.org
    ** NOTE These guy's instituded a BAN on a personal watercraft in Marine County and WON !
    The Director of this group has it out for Outboard Engines. He did a study in " INDIA " & came to the conclusion that outboards are the nature of all their problems.. ** NOT Over fishing & over baby making...
    Anyhow, this is actually his lifes mission !!!! and we have to deal with it......
    Rick32 / Carbon Marine

carbonmarine
    Twisted PAir, you did ...AB 155 not AB 1555
    Rick32/ Carbon Marine

hot_diggity_dog
    That Sucks!
    idea Can someone type up a boiler plate letter that we could copy and send via mass e-mail to these Fockers. burningm
    Hoat Boat Spam here we come.
    HDD

HavasuDreamin'
    Bob Brown has a very interesting editorial on the "noise" topic in this month's issue of the magazine. He had a bunch of great points that all centered around the fact that there is no "accurate" way to uniformly enforce the law. Every lake seems to have a different set of rules and different testing mechanisms........none of the testing mechanisms measure the same DB reading twice.......officers rarely enforce the law according to how the law is written.....and the "noise violation" is just a way for the officer's to check whether or not someone has been drinking.
    I am with Bob Brown on this one. When the Gov. can come up with a way to accurately measure and enforce the noise level, then they can think about making reasonable restrictions.

Seadog
    Let's leave the EPA out of this. California goes far and beyond what normal people would consider reasonable. Blue Water is a radical environmental group that is trying to shutdown boating one faction at a time.

twistedpair
    Carbon, you were right, I got Fat-fingered!
    ab 1555

Liberator TJ1984
    Tree Huggers have nothing better to do than bitch about everything ...yea humans make noise thats what we were put here to do, its in every animals way of expression whether threatened or showing off..I work in the oilfield and you should see some areas where oil and such has spilled, it is more fertle and lush than similar spots ..why do you think the grass right on the edge of the highways is so green ,wasted hydrocarbons !Boaters and others out there are not going to end the Earth as we know it...It will be the LOUD CRACK of a Neuclear Weapon that ends Everything..So have fun while it lasts..
    Gopherrr

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast