Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I called Ellis today....

al cole'holic
    ..and I says I had a problem with my trailer. Explained to him that the brake caliper broke off from the mount, pierced the tire which caught the back of the fender, and ****ed it up. Guess what he asks..."Did you call your insurance company?". WTF?? He really did build trailers for Cole..

mbrown2
    I wonder how Extreme or Zieman would have handled it...you have only owned it for approximately three years with low miles on it.

al cole'holic
    mbrown2:
    I wonder how Extreme or Zieman would have handled it...you have only owned it for approximately three years with low miles on it. After I told him I didn't believe it was an insurance matter he told me to call back after the 4th of July weekend. Of course he knows I am trying to get out for the holiday...

miller19j
    How old is the trailer and how long was the Warranty?

eliminatedsprinter
    A few years ago I messed up the fenders on my sister and brother in law's trailer. It was all my fault and it was stupid. I offered to pay for it, but they called their insurace co and the whole thing was covered, no questions asked, and he even got the chrome fenders he wanted to upgrade to anyway, with no money out of any of our pockets. I was amazed.

CAHotRodBoy
    I sold my lake lice to a buddy a couple months ago. Last week he was in Vegas and the axle U bolts came loose, the axle shifted and destroyed the fender and rubbed into the hull. He was going to tell the insurance company that someone hit it in the parking lot. I told him not to lie to the insurance company. The adjusters aren’t stupid and will figure out what happened.
    He called the insurance company and they covered everything and the hull repair guy adjusted the invoice so it covered his deductible.
    Your insurance should cover it.

al cole'holic
    The point is why should I contact my insurance company and ask them to cover me on something that I feel is not a normal problem. Trust me, I would be all over it otherwise. I really feel that a caliper breaking off the mount is not some normal wear and tear problem. When was the last time you had one break off? What was even funnier is when I called last week the dude I spoke to flat out told me that it wasn't something normal...

NorCal Gameshow
    it's no different than the caliper mount breaking off on your car...like miller asked, how old is it?that makes a difference on who's responsible

Mohavekid
    Sounds like a prodect defect.
    Ellis should handle it under warranty.
    If they don't, your insurance company will cover all the damage except the caliper mount, subject to your deductable. Your insurance company may subrogate against (pursue) Ellis for the amount they paid plus your deductable.
    That's probably the quickest way to get it fixed.
    Good luck.

playdeep
    Extreme would have taken care of it...No questions asked.
    ...Been there done that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast