Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GOOD CD PLAYER THAT WON'T SKIP

BENZEEN
    My new boat has an Alpine stereo/cd. It has more features that I know what to do with. However, it skips in the smallest chop. It is secured well, and sit in a perfect horizontal plain. Essex is looking into changing the deck. But I would like to know what brand has work well for you guys, so I might suggest that brand.
    -Vik

rivercrazy
    Most head units are way more suseptable to skipping unless you its an MP3 unit. If you stay with just a head unit without a CD changer, you might consider an MP3 unit.
    If you plan on a changer, I would recommend swapping your Alpine for a Sony head unit and purchasing a 10 disc Sony MP3/CD changer model number 757MX. It has 12 second antiskip memory. I have never got mine to skip no matter how rough the water is.
    Another side benefit to the Sony is a wired marine remote is available for most head units. Adding a few of those would allow you to control the stereo for virtually any location in the boat

bakerman
    Ihave had good luck with my JVC model # KD-SH99 have had little skip with this one only skips on hard hits! a couple other people i know run differant JVC's and have had good luck. hope this help.

Waldo
    You can get the MP3/CD 10-disc Sony Changer at Etronics.com for about 150 bucks! Pretty damn cheap, it's what I plan on getting since my head unit is already a Sony.

Coach
    You have to get an MP3 player. MP3 is a data format that will not skip no matter how rough it gets. It has to read the whole data file before it plays. I have a pioneer hp7400 which is very good, but the additionn of a CD changer with MP3 capablity is the way to go.

XFactor
    Just get XM. It's much easier!!

BENZEEN
    Rivercrazy,
    Thanks for the info. So, let me understand. The head unit would serve as the power unit with am/fm, and changer control. Now, does the mp3 read cd's and play them through the unit, or is there some special format that the mp3 reads?
    Waldo, thanks for the info. I will check the website.
    -Vik

ROZ
    Since you already have an Alpine headunit that has the ability to add a changer. Add the CHAS634(if the headunit is Ainet) Alpine 6 disc CD/MP3 changer.
    [ March 14, 2003, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: ROZ ]

rivercrazy
    BENZEEN:
    Rivercrazy,
    Thanks for the info. So, let me understand. The head unit would serve as the power unit with am/fm, and changer control. Now, does the mp3 read cd's and play them through the unit, or is there some special format that the mp3 reads?
    Waldo, thanks for the info. I will check the website.
    -Vik Yup. Power unit and changer control. MP3 is a different compressed format that a regular CD player cannot decode. You need a MP3 capable head unit or changer to play them. Any CD-R or CD-RE can have songs burnt on em in MP3 format. Many audio softward programs allow you to convert WAV CD file format into MP3 format. While the file does get compressed quite a bit and you loose a bit of bandwith, in a boat you really cannot hear the difference most of the time. AND it lets you burn about 100 songs on a 80 minute CD.

HammerDown
    What causes a regular home seldom used older hi-dollar 5/cd Carousel to sometimes skip, miss a beat, drop out?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast