Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to paint my trailer

Tom Brown
    Oh yes...
    If you blast your trailer, rebuild the bearings after it's finished. Media can sneak past the seals and ruin the bearings. ... so it's better to do it after the work is done.

chevypoweredracer
    400 dollars to get it done with linex that is what my stepdad just paid. they sprayed everything, backing plates and all. he took out all the lights.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I just did a trailer resto on my current boat. My good friend is a painter and he had me knock down the road rash with 150. Once that was done, I hit the whole trailer with 320. On the ares that were hard to see or sand I just hit them with red scotch brite. My trailer came out bitchin! Its going back tomorrow for the flames I will post pics when I get it back on monday. I have detailed pics of the step by step process

RitcheyRch
    Not a bad price and will not have to worry about rust or rock chips.
    400 dollars to get it done with linex that is what my stepdad just paid. they sprayed everything, backing plates and all. he took out all the lights.

jimslade
    Sandblast (fine sand) prime (epoxy) Paint two part urethane. Good for 20 years. THE PRIMER QUALITY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE PAINT!

flat broke
    Do you have any pics? What size trailer and where did he have it done?
    Chris

Dan Lorenze
    I too would like to see some pics of a Linex'd trailer...

T-56
    Bump for the "rubber trailer" pics...

HM
    Where did he get it done?

BILLY.B
    My trailer was looking pretty rough so I took it to a guy who paints truck tanks. Apparently, regulations force some of those guys to repaint their tanks if there's even a hint of rust so they have to do it every year or two.
    I didn't want to deal with the sandblast mess and was kind of sick of doing project work after two complete deck off hull boat restoration.
    ... so I took it to this tank painter. He had no problem getting it into his shop since my trailer was smaller than probably the smallest truck he painted. He blasted it, primed it, and painted it for $300 CDN. He had the trailer for three days.
    A gallon of Imron would cost me $200 and another $75 for the activator.
    I let him paint it with the same primer and white he uses on his tanks, since that's what he was painting pretty much all of the tanks he was painting. I don't have a picture handy but it looks real good. It's just a generic white trailer now and that's fine with me.My thoughts exactly Tom. Trailers are a pain in the ASS. Much easier to take it to "One-a-Day" or "Macco" if your looking for a normal job and not something custom. Cost are around $300 - $400 bucks. No mess to clean up and no detail needed for the neighbors cars that have overspray all over them. Not to mention you'll probably get a much cleaner job.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast