wink
    HDD

Boozer
    THOR:
    I am bidding on some new surround speakers and would like your opinions on:
    Cerwin-Vega
    Harmon Kardon
    Infinity
    thanks Model numbers make a big difference. Especially with Vega. Vega has best buy quality and then a higher end quality. Stay away from the best buy type because they sound like sh^& lots of bass but that's about all they are good for. I have a set of Yamaha speakers I could not be happier with.
    These are what I have I can't remember the exact model I have but I have the best Natural Sound towers that were available. In my opinion these are some of the best sounding tower speakers for the money that are available. When watching movies they kick off enough bass that I don't need an extrnal amplified sub (however I intend to get one anyways) and the mids and highs are crystal clear.
    I am going to be replacing my center channel and rears with the Yamaha HX series speakers.
    Also, what brand reciever are you running and what kind of power is it pushing?

Edmond
    Depending on the model but I would go with the Infinitys.I used to sell HK and they had ALOT of problems with their electronics. Cerwin Vegas are loud but probably not the best in terms of sound quality.

jus a baker
    three letters ....RBH wonderfull sound

Phat_Kat
    Try Klipsch!!! They make hands down the best speakers for your buy. I've owned many sets of speakers and klipsch is all I will ever buy.

I_C_E_Y
    Bose
    Crystal clear. Sounds better than real.

ROZ
    What models are you biding on?
    BTW....HDD, I'm confirmimg something with Panasonic before I hit send on your reply email

Tom Brown
    You're going to buy speakers without listening to them, based only on brand and a Hot Boat recommendation?
    Consider packing up a few of your favorite CDs and auditioning some different models and brands. Two years from now when you've lived with sound you're not crazy about long enough, you'll wish you had bought speakers that suit your taste straight off. You don't have to spend a ton of money to get a decent speaker.
    I wouldn't buy any of the brands you've listed. They don't suit my taste. My advice is to find out what suits your taste and make yourself happy. Hey, if it's just something to make noise, buy the cheapest junk you can find and forget what other people think.
    -- Tom
    [ August 04, 2003, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: Tom Brown ]

ROZ
    Tom Brown:
    My advice is to find out what suits your taste and make yourself happy. Hey, if it's just something to make noise, buy the cheapest junk you can find and forget what other people think.
    -- Tom Absolutely the best way to go about it, but what he's bidding on may not be available anymore....
    We need model numbers to see if they're current or not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast