Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobra --- The Facts

CobraPB
    Hello everyone, my name is Jeff Bohn, President of Cobra Performance Boats. After receiving hundreds of calls and e-mails regarding “Foss75’s” defamatory comments, I felt it was time to explain the actual facts. Last year was our best year in sales. Prior to building Cobra Boats, I was building and selling Ultra Boats. One of the reasons I have been so successful, building and selling Boats, my company sells over one hundred boats a year, it is by building a quality product and standing behind that product. We don’t screw people over nor do we build an inferior boat. Additionally, we get a lot of business by word of mouth and that comes from excellent customer service, and also having an excellent product. Now to Mr. Van Fossen, I had previously been warned about him and his bad attitude towards me. Mr. Van Fossen purchased by written contract an Ultra Boat from me. The contract signed by Mr. Van Fossen is/was very thorough. It states everything the boat was equipped with; starting with gauges, hatch, ski locker, ice chest, bimini top, stereo brand, speakers, trailer, diverter, and so on. The motor and hp and the pump were in the contract along with make. You purchased a jet boat with a Barracuda pump. We even replaced the impellers with Dominator impellers by Marine Power because they work better. (A note to Mr. Van Fossen), if you disagree with this information, please review a copy of your contract as right below the motor brand and pump brand and you will see your initials acknowledging what you were purchasing. The contract is very thorough, it is to protect you and Ultra. That’s why we have you initial in two different places and your signature at the bottom of the contract. Nobody ever misled you, and you knew exactly what you were buying. As for the amount of time it took to fix your boat, we work as quick as possible to obtain the finest results possible. As for the “hook” on your boat, you threatened me with a lawsuit, if I didn’t take it out. I advised against it, but you insisted. But just to make you happy, like I do with all my customers, I took the hook out just as you insisted (at no charge). That same day that you threatened me, you told me your boat only did 58 mph, now you say it goes 52mph. Which is it? Further, I had never once said that your boat had a performance problem, why should I, it was doing 58 mph.
    It had been about three weeks since your last threat, when you came into my shop, again, and insisted on telling me about a bearing that had failed after three (3) years. That part was covered under warranty for only two years and if I didnÂ’t fix it, you would be taking me to court. Really not the right approach to get anything fixed by anyone. You also called another Dealer and threatened him with a lawsuit if they didnÂ’t do what you demanded.
    There is a lot of hard work and hard knocks that goes with the boating business and after a while you get used to it. I have been in the boating business for 15 years. I was previously building and selling Ultra Boats. However, I had differences with another Ultra builder and seller and I decided to start building a new product with a new name, COBRA PERFORMANCE BOATS. However, six or more of the Ultra molds were mine and that is why I still use a couple of them. Since I have started Cobra Performance Boats I have purchased the property and over 20,000 sq. ft of building space. Very few boat sellers in southern California own their own facility. Cobra Performance Boats spends over $100,000.00 a year in new tooling and twice that in advertising each year. We donÂ’t plan on quitting at the end of the season or in two years or even in twenty years. Cobra Performance Boats is here to stay and we will continue to build the best boat possible. We stand behind our product whether it is a Cobra or an Ultra (that we built).
    I am offended by some of the comments, as those people who stated negative information about me and my company, could not have possibly met me or come to my shop. We have one of the nicest and largest fully stocked showrooms in the industry. We would be more than happy to give anyone a tour.
    Further, “Sandblasted”, I’m sorry our sales staff did not bombard you when you came to our booth at the LA Boat Show, but we try not to pressure our customers. (I insist on that quality) However, if there were any questions that we didn’t answer for you at the boat show, I invite you to come in and see me personally and that goes for anyone who reads this.
    Lastly, Mr. Van Fossen, if you are so unhappy with your boat and me, please sell your boat and purchase another make, as I have bent over backwards for you, only to have you say bad things about me and my company. Hey, itÂ’s time to grow up and move on with your life.

sandblasted
    I appreciate you coming on here and addressing some of the accusations against your company. It sounds like you read every note posted. If you did then you know that I at no time slammed your product or you personally.
    In fact I said "Cobra boats looked as well made as any other custom boat".
    As far as being bombarded by your saleman, that certainly is not what I expect from a salesman. but i don't expect them to ignore me either while they chit chat on their cell phone...maybe thats just my hangup.
    My 1st impression of your salepeople was not favorable and like I said, if I'm going to spend $40,000- $50,000 on a new boat then I'll spend it with someone that has the time to talk to me.
    What ever issue you have with Foss are between you , him and your lawyers...Good luck.

DaytonaU
    ITS ABOUT TIME YOU POST YOUR SIDE OF THE STORY. MAYBE THE KNOW IT ALLS WILL SHUT THE F**K UP , BUT I DONT THINK SO..

jetterw454
    I have full support for cobra performance boats. I purchased one of cobra's first boat when they switched over. It was a 21 ft jet, and I got a great deal, and have never had a single problem with it. As a matter of fact, they went through every single piece of the boat, and the contract. I just wish the salesman that did the deal was still there, but the rest of the team is still there.

syke-o
    i agree... its good for the other side of the storey to be heard as well..

Jbb
    Welcome to the boards CobraPB....It is nice to hear ...the other side of the story on occasion!

rivercrazy
    Welcome to the boards. Stick around. Its always good to get the perspective of a few builders.
    As for Foss, Iwell, the only posts he has made on the board are single purpose. To bash Cobra over and over again. There are other things to talk about on occasion

beyondhelpin
    Cobra
    I commend you for coming out and telling you side of the story. Maybe with both sides we will get the total picture.

bordsmnj
    HEY, that wasn't bill van fossen from Hemet was it?? i worked with that guy i few years ago. just curious i have no opinion on him to share.
    Right on cobra for taking the time to come here and straighten things up.Shot yuh a five

mbrown2
    Jeff, it shows a lot for you to come on here and give your side. Your boats looked nice at the boat show, and I have known folks with Cobra's and have nothing but good things to say about your boats. No builder is going make everyone happy; hopefully if Foss is that dissapointed with the boat, he will get another brand.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast