Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultra 21' Deck

woodster
    GrapeApe:
    Regarding that Orange Cat.. That was a one time Fabrication I was told. It is the same Bottom mold of the 21' Deck, and they fabricated the top to be a closed Tunnel. I picked up my 21' Deck July 3rd. It is a nice riding boat. I went with the 6.0 Liter Vortec Motor, same as in the Cadillac Escalade. That orange 21 was built for my next door neighbor.. It turned out really nice and to bad Ultra isnt going to make any more of them. Hes having some motor issues but other than that the boat is sweet.

565edge
    Isnt that orange boat a 21' phantom?

woodster
    Yep, Its a Tom Papp mold but ultra layed it up and rigged it.There 21 deck boat is the same mold as well. Those deck boats are the shit. Wonder how much they would give me for my 22 stealth on a trade?? idea Hello??? John u out there???

Lightning
    I think those deck boats look pretty awesome, but they don't have a ton of room in them for a deck boat in my opinion. For a 21' deck, I don't think there is a nicer one out there though. Just my $.02

Kwicherbichen
    If you want one of the 21' deck boats that Ultra is making call John at Inland Ultra 909-734-6000.
    He has one in the showroom right now for sale. Around $42,000 I think.
    Also, there have been at least 2 of those deckboats rigged with an outboard and both hang out at Lake Martinez. One is white/yellow/blue and was rigged up by DCB. The other is white/red/black checkers with a 2.5 or 3.0 wacka. That one was built by Tom Papp. The boat also comes in an outdrive version. Tom recently built one with a 460 BBC that did @80 mph.
    The 21' Phantom, as far as I know, is still available at Ultra.
    Nova guy, I have a ton of pics of the deckboat. Go to the media center and search "kwicherbichen" also try at Hot Boat Pics . I have some there too.

GrapeApe
    I will have some pics soon. There are a few in the Image section under GrapeApe1.

LaveyJet
    GrapeApe:
    I picked up my 21' Deck July 3rd. It is a nice riding boat. I went with the 6.0 Liter Vortec Motor, same as in the Cadillac Escalade. I looked at the 21' Deck last week in Norco. Like it a lot, could be my next boat. How do you like the vortec motor? (Out of the hole, top speed etc.) One thing I was wondering about, is how it sits in the water. It looks low profile at the bow. If you are just sitting and floating, it looks like a fair size wave might get you wet.

GrapeApe
    I looked at the 21' Deck last week in Norco. Like it a lot, could be my next boat. How do you like the vortec motor? (Out of the hole, top speed etc.) One thing I was wondering about, is how it sits in the water. It looks low profile at the bow. If you are just sitting and floating, it looks like a fair size wave might get you wet.
    We only had water come over the bow once, and it was because I wasnt paying close enough attention when I was idling in to the sand bar. I was turned the wrong way and got caught with a wake that I could have body surfed. After one day, I figured out how the boat needs to be positioned when anchored at the Sand bar to avoid any water from coming in the boat. As far as power outta the hole, its great. It planes out quick. The top speed so far isnt what I thought it would be, but I did notice after the last trip, I did get 150-200 more RPM than the last trip. I think we hit close to 50 MPH up river, with 6 people, cooler, and half tank of gas. I think once broken in in Ideal conditions (2 people, down river, tanks half full, we will be getting 57 mph..

LaveyJet
    GrapeApe:
    I think once broken in in Ideal conditions (2 people, down river, tanks half full, we will be getting 57 mph.. Is that what you're hoping for? Did you get a setback jet? How does it handle the chop on the lake. (I’m full of questions today )

Boozer
    GrapeApe:
    I looked at the 21' Deck last week in Norco. Like it a lot, could be my next boat. How do you like the vortec motor? (Out of the hole, top speed etc.) One thing I was wondering about, is how it sits in the water. It looks low profile at the bow. If you are just sitting and floating, it looks like a fair size wave might get you wet.
    We only had water come over the bow once, and it was because I wasnt paying close enough attention when I was idling in to the sand bar. I was turned the wrong way and got caught with a wake that I could have body surfed. After one day, I figured out how the boat needs to be positioned when anchored at the Sand bar to avoid any water from coming in the boat. As far as power outta the hole, its great. It planes out quick. The top speed so far isnt what I thought it would be, but I did notice after the last trip, I did get 150-200 more RPM than the last trip. I think we hit close to 50 MPH up river, with 6 people, cooler, and half tank of gas. I think once broken in in Ideal conditions (2 people, down river, tanks half full, we will be getting 57 mph.. How much HP are you pushing to get those speeds? 57 MPH just seems slow. How much HP do you think it would take to run about 70-75 with that boat?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast