Thread: Going Ebaying Need brands

Stupid Fast
    Getting ready to finnaly "hook up" the truck. I am looking for good (ie. CHEEP ) deals on two amps. I would like a 50 to 75 by 4 watts RMS at 4 ohms, and something to drive 500 watts. the sub is dual 2 ohm. lots of combos to get 500 wats to it. I would like a D mono but what would go to 1 ohm or would I need to run at 4 ohm? What are some Quality brands out there? There are so many on Ebay it is hard to guess what is crap and what is good. I am not looking for the top of the line but I want it to sound good. And Clear at high levels. what do you all recomend.
    Thanks
    Eric

Mr. Naudio
    There are so many on Ebay it is hard to guess what is crap and what is good. I am not looking for the top of the line but I want it to sound good. And Clear at high levels. what do you all recomend.
    I say only buy on EBAY as a last resort (dont have a couple xtra bucs or are just a cheap person
    by nature)
    NOTHING on EBAY comes with a garuntee no matter what they say i mean nothing.
    You must have an audio shop that can be trusted in your area ask around.

Mr. Naudio
    Some of the new kicker amps are very nice i like the digital prosesser on the sx amps.

Mr. Naudio
    just playing with profile now

bigerich
    I have had good luck with profile amps. My purchase place of choice... www.crutchfield.com

Havasu Hangin'
    Have you seen the JBL amps at www.justamps.com ?

Stupid Fast
    Mr. Naudio:
    I say only buy on EBAY as a last resort (dont have a couple xtra bucs or are just a cheap person
    by nature)
    NOTHING on EBAY comes with a garuntee no matter what they say i mean nothing.
    You must have an audio shop that can be trusted in your area ask around. This is for my work truck. I hate donating to people that think they have a right to my stuff. I just can't see putting $3000 in a stereo that could get ripped off while I sleep in a hotel.
    HH, Those seem like Good prices. How are the Amps? I seem to remember heat problems with them?

Havasu Hangin'
    Stupid Fast:
    HH, Those seem like Good prices. How are the Amps? I seem to remember heat problems with them? I'm running the (older) Power Series, and they've been bulletproof. My sub amp is even at 1 ohm mono, and doesn't get hot. My old Fosgate stuff used to go into thermal, but not the JBL stuff (yet).
    The newer Pro series was developed with Crown, and is supposed to give the high-end amps (like Zapco) a run for their money (VERY cheap $/watt ratio). Where else are you gonna get a 2,200 watt subwoofer amp for less than a grand?
    The knock on the Power series has always been that they are "no frills" (missing some features like a remote bass control and subsonic filter), but provided a great $/watt ratio. Where else you gonna get a 600 watt class D sub amp for less than $300?
    The Power series are so cheap, I went with two-2 channel amps, and still saved money over most 4 channels (yet they are 2 ohm stable, unlike most 4 channels).
    I bought a couple of my amps from Justamps.com- service was good- the stuff showed up when they said it would. It might be an alternative to Ebay. For example, you could go with the P80.4 (80 watts x 4; $169.99) and the BP6001 (600 watts x 1; $219.99) for under $400.
    Now you've got me thinking about upgrading to the Pro series...hmmmmmmm...

Stupid Fast
    Havasu Hangin':
    ......go with the P80.4 (80 watts x 4; $169.99) and the BP6001 (600 watts x 1; $219.99) for under $400.
    Now you've got me thinking about upgrading to the Pro series...hmmmmmmm... The problem I am having is my OHM loads. The sub in the garage is 2 OHM DUAL VOICE COIL . I can run 4 ohms, 1 ohm, or a two channel at 2 ohms by two. My other speakers are 4 ohm. 2 front and 2 rear. I do not know how to keep 4 channel and get 2 ohms.
    those seem like great prices.
    Who has 1 ohm stable amps that put out 500 watts RMS at 1 ohm? now I am remembering why this sub is in the garage.

Havasu Hangin'
    Stupid Fast:
    The problem I am having is my OHM loads. The sub in the garage is 2 OHM DUAL VOICE COIL . I can run 4 ohms, 1 ohm, or a two channel at 2 ohms by two. My other speakers are 4 ohm. 2 front and 2 rear. I do not know how to keep 4 channel and get 2 ohms. For the sub, that JBL BP 600.1 will handle a 1 ohm mono load (two 2-ohm VC's in parallel)- it will put out 600 watts at that load- no worries.
    For the 4 ohm separates, that JBL P80.4 will put out 80 watts to each speaker- no worries.
    [ August 24, 2003, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Hangin' ]