A friend is considering a 2002 Cobalt 21 footer (last new 2002 the dealer has) -vs- the Sea ray 2003 20 foot deck boat. I was wondering if any of you have any personal experience on these boats that you can share here for him to read about over the next day or so. He will be taking both out for test rides this weekend and I will be out of town and won't be able to go with him. Primary use will be on Havasu, Mohave and probably occasional trips to Peris or Elsinore for day trips. They are pretty close as far as price and both salesmen are dealing with the other products with respect rather than trying to make the other guy look bad. That is good to hear for a change. The Cobalt has a little bit more flare and color than the Sea Ray boat and that has caught their eye somewhat.
I know the Sea Ray is very well built but do not know much about Cobalt. The Cobalt sounds like it is very well appointed and has the Volvo 270HP duo prop config. The Sea Ray uses the single Mercruiser config. Don't know the HP on it.
Any advice for the virgin boater?