Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: KROOZIN past Copper Canyon at 120MPH?

Havasu Hangin'
    If your doing 120, I think its best to keep your eyes forward and not looking at the camara or behind, keep your eyes on the water and traffic. Thats scary. No wonder why Havasu is so dangerous. :yuk:
    Dan was driving...and was watching the water & traffic. There were times when we didn't see another boat on the horizon.
    No wonder why this board is so negative- members pretending they know the siituation, yet they actually have no idea what they are talking about.
    :notam:

Havasu Hangin'
    I wonder if Lance's sons ever showed up this weekend?
    :jawdrop:

Danhercules
    Dan was driving...and was watching the water & traffic. There were times when we didn't see another boat on the horizon.
    No wonder why this board is so negative- members pretending they know the siituation, yet they actually have no idea what they are talking about.
    :notam:
    Your right I did not know the whole situation. But still, I would never take my eyes off the water while driving at 120 in front of a popular area, Even if 3 people were watching. Maybe I am just more cautious.
    I dont care who was driving, the YOUR comment was in general, about anyone who is driving at that speed, not to you Havasu Hangin

Havasu Hangin'
    Your right I did not know the whole situation. But still, I would never take my eyes off the water while driving at 120 in front of a popular area, Even if 3 people were watching. Maybe I am just more cautious.
    Maybe you should not assume that the first part of the video was Copper Canyon- it wasn't. It was Friday, in the middle of the largest section of the lake, and conditions were absolutely flat with no traffic.
    You know what happens when you assume?
    When I drive, I'm always looking around for side and rear traffic...but what the hell do I know?

Danhercules
    Maybe you should not assume that the first part of the video was Copper Canyon- it wasn't. It was Friday, in the middle of the largest section of the lake, and conditions were absolutely flat with no traffic.
    You know what happens when you assume?
    When I drive, I'm always looking around for side and rear traffic...but what the hell do I know?
    Your post title says you were cruizin past Copper canyon at 120, you post the video, and now you say its not by copper canyon. There was traffic, you can see other boats in the video. I am just sayin I think its a bit irresponsible.
    No hands on the wheel is smart too.
    Also, I think some safety gear should be present. But hell, what do I know.

OutCole'd
    Just how fast did it look ?
    Oh be quiet.

Havasu Hangin'
    Your post title says you were cruizin past Copper canyon at 120, you post the video, and now you say its not by copper canyon. There was traffic, you can see other boats in the video. I am just sayin I think its a bit irresponsible.
    I guess if you look at the video, you'll see that we are not going 120MPH in the first part, or near Copper Canyon. This title:
    "We are going 90MPH on Friday, and the is no traffic around, then we look around to make sure that there are no other boats around. Yes, we do pass Copper Canyon at one point."
    ...was just too long. :notam:
    Safety gear is always good. A 36' Skater in calm conditions is probably about as safe as you idling your boat in a 5MPH zone. You probably don't wear a Lifeline Jacket w/shorts while you are in a 5MPH zone, but you should.
    I'm guess you are a "half-empty" sort of fellow, eh? :notam:

cyclone
    the man's got a point here.
    A buck twenty with no vest, no lanyard and kill switch, and no hands on the wheel? Sounds like someone has the dough for a fast boat and not the commons sense for driving it.

dragboat
    There was traffic, you can see other boats in the video. I am just sayin I think its a bit irresponsible.

phebus
    Before this thread is over, they will have been teak surfing, drunk, flashing people in an unregistered boat.
    There are people that can flip a Skater at 40, and there are those that can drive them. Whether or not they choose to wear safety gear is their decision, or the drivers if he requires it.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast