Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me understand.....

HighRoller
    How the US Supreme court can vote to remove the ten commandments from a state courthouse?Did you know that in the courthouse where the supreme court resides there are no less than three similar monuments?I'm still trying to figure out how the ACLU will fight to the death for the rights of thong-wearing flamers to jiggle their asses in public during gay-day.BUT...they say the ten commandments must be removed because they are "offensive"...WTF???????????????

mike37
    just chang the name to from the ten commandments
    to rules you should follow and it will be ok

mike37
    mike37:
    just chang the name to from the ten commandments
    to rules you should follow and remove the religus ref then it will be ok

HavasuBarney
    OK, I'll bite.
    If the Ten Commanments are allowed in, don't we have to post the rules from all the other gods out there?

mickeyfinn
    Here we go again.....No sense in arguing this one. Fact is liberals just suck and would rather have a whole country of fags, drug addicts, welfare moms and derelict dads than take a chance at doing something that might actually promote a sense of right from wrong and responsibility. If people start to regain these two things they know they will all be out of work.

jlnorthrup122
    well high roller I look at it this way (trieng to say something clever without soundin like a retard) people in these modern states are to buisey worrieng about whats going on in everyone elses backyards instead of partaking in the posibilities that there own back yard has to offer thus getting jealous of the neighbor who has the sence to partake in the fruits of life and then make a big stink untill the neighbor no longer enjoys his or her activities ect. that the neighbor under atack stops partaking in the fruits of life and submits to the bulshit of the lifeless loosers! Just my .05

HighRoller
    No.The court system,much less this country,was not founded by the beliefs of Buddhism.Every person in this country has the freedom to practice any religion they desire.But that doesn't change the fact that our country was formed on the tenants of the Christian religion and is governed by rules and laws derived from it instituted by men who lived by them.That's like saying you started a club of outboard guys on a lake which was on government property.It was known as weed whacker lake and was established as an outboard hangout.Pretty soon,however, a few jet and sterndrive guys start showing up and being the nice guy you are you allow them the freedom to use your lake.One day a jet guy complains that outboards offend him and you laugh. A week later the ACLU shows up and demands that all outboards be removed from the lake because it's a government property and next thing you know you can't use your outboard on the lake founded by your outboard club.Hey,wait a sec...I think as a person offended by outboards I need to call the ACLU and the EPA!!!!!!

HavasuBarney
    Slow down ther big boy, let's take this one step at a time...
    It's not a fact that our country and court system were formed on the tenats of the Christian Religion.

superdave013
    HavasuBarney:
    OK, I'll bite.
    If the Ten Commanments are allowed in, don't we have to post the rules from all the other gods out there? I like your thinking Barney. Sometime today I'll try to post my rules! lol
    Ok, not being a smartass this time. I'm all for seperation of church and state but.....
    It seems like we have just a few other things to worry about right now.
    [ August 29, 2003, 06:10 AM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

Blown 472
    superdave013:
    HavasuBarney:
    OK, I'll bite.
    If the Ten Commanments are allowed in, don't we have to post the rules from all the other gods out there? I like your thinking Barney. Sometime today I'll try to post my rules! lol
    Ok, not being a smartass thist time. I'm all for seperation of church and state but.....
    It seems like we have just a few other things to worry about right now. Like an economy that sucks, the shipping overseas of american jobs??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast