Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrats linked to Adolf Hitler

Mrs Big Boy Toys
    twistedpair:
    Nick, (assuming there really is a nick and not just a AzDon psuedonym) I really don't think you've been around enough, or around long enough for that matter, to voice some of the opinions that you are. Wait until you are out in the workaday world, bustin' your butt to provide for your family, then you may see the frustration that leads people away from the democrats.
    Whether you believe it or not, there are plenty of people on welfare and other 'entitlements' (GOD I hate that word) because they are LAZY, and much prefer to live on gov't handouts than by their own hard work. Let's just call them Victacrats, Boo-Hoo, the big bad gub'ment owes me..I'm so oppressed..poor me. These are the people your party panders to, give 'em what they want, get votes...that simple.
    Us ignorant conservatives (Hate that word too, let's just call us self-starters) just want basic infrastructure and security from the government, other than that, get the hell out of my way and let me get it myself. I agree with you. Welfare was put there for those who needed it until they get back on their feet.(short time) but not to become lifers on it because they are to darn lazy to work.i have 5 kids and both my husband and I work and the taxes they were taking out(thanks to Clinton and other Democrats)was so out rageous. Now that bush is in office I actually get to see so of MY MONEY, that I worked for.I don't mind helping those who are down on their luck but those who just think we owe them and they shouldn't have to work well If I have to so do they.

summerlove
    Summerlove
    You remind me of how I was when I got out of college and first started working for the Gov. wink [/QB]I have a degree in Political Science from a very conservative private (and catholic) university and I have a Masters in Public Administration, also from a very conservative, private university. I have over 20 years in Govt, so I'm not right out of college. I do work in Municipal Government, which is ALOT different from state and federal politics, and for the most part is non-partisan. We deal in political realities, but rarely party politics.
    I have stayed away from the name calling, Dem vs. Rep agenda, and stayed mostly with my opinion. No where in my posts do you see anything remotely close to any of that (a little Bush bashing, but that's only because I can't stand him.) I know now how the republican's felt about Clinton - I feel the same way about "W"
    ELIMINATEDSPRINTER had this to say about me:
    All that you have just said is why I no longer vote Democrat. I am sick to death of their authoritarian agenda. All they want to do is pass more and more restrictions and regulations and give government more and more control over good peoples lives and money.
    Everyone, go back and read my post. I had just copied the Bill of Rights, and this was his reply. The rest of my post was as follows:
    And remember, no where have I tried to force feed - I've only offered my views, opinions, and statements of fact. Throughout ALL of my posts on this matter, I have been very open and respectful of everyones political beliefs. I'm sorry some feel differently.
    Elimninateesprinter, WHY did that post make you not want to vote dem anymore? I didn't see the correlation. Sorry if I'm confused, but I am...

[ August 15, 2003, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

N:ck
    Yep, it's just like I said. To a Republican, poverty equals laziness--period!

twistedpair
    And just like I said, you haven't been around enough. Although I'm sure the tough streets of LHC can really be an eye opener.

sorry dog
    Um ... back to the original statement... I'm not sure being linked to Mr. Hitler is all bad.
    I mean you gotta admit that the man was a politician that knew how to get things done. Do you think Cali would have had a power crisis or budget crisis if he was the govenor?
    At the very least if he were in charge the freeway system in LA wouldn't be quite at ****ed as it is today.
    Achtung!

twistedpair:
    And just like I said, you haven't been around enough. Although I'm sure the tough streets of LHC can really be an eye opener. I haven't been around long enough. Ok. I guess that means I win--it usually does!

twistedpair
    I wasn't aware of a competition, what exactly did you win? Perhaps I'm unaware of your vast life experiences. I personally see people every day who scam the sytem, and they laugh at do-gooder wanna-bees like you....all the way to the bank.

Don't get me wrong--I know there are people who take advantage of the system. That doesn't mean we should eliminate our social programs, just reform them.
    [ August 12, 2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: N:ck ]

TahitiSteve
    The Republican stance (and there are no exceptions in this case because this belief is part of the basis of the Republican party) is that poverty equals laziness--period! Republicans believe that those who can't make ends meet aren't trying hard enough, and that they and their families should starve because of it! Similarly, Adolf Hitler was trying to speed up the process of what he believed was natural selection by eliminating those who he considered a burden to society and the scum of the earth.I'm far from a supporter of the Republican party, but to continue in the same manner the Democratic stance is that if there are any poor people in the world, the duty of government is to track down those of "Ability" who have made themselves well off, and take their earned wealth at gunpoint to give it unearned to those who "Need" it. That the nation can only propser if the common interest is put before self.
    The actual position of many upholders of the republican party (as opposed to that of the party itself, which sometimes gives lip service to individualism) Is that charity is a private choice. That that which one earns is theirs to do with as they please, not the property of government to confiscate and redistribute as it desires. See the fascism in the opposing viewpoint?
    I can agree about the homophobic part, stemming from biblical calls to kill homosexuals (which in the same passage also says to kill eaters of cheeseburgers(mothers milk), and those who wear clothing of mixed threads). But democrats are the upholders of racial politics, I believe the majority of republicans would support a separation of race and state. The democrats all along have been the supporters of racial classifications in politics, from slavery, to Jim Crow, and now of benefits to minority races.