Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 40 skater

carreraelite

andy01
    There is a long story and history behind this boat. it won't go for that good of a deal, the bank that has a lien on it wants to much for it. The way it sits, it barely worth 100K. Go look for the thread about it on Offshore only. Cool boat.
    Andy

Boatlesss
    There's a bunch of cheap asses on OSO thinking it won't go for that much but to replace it with (what it is) a new 40' Flat Deck Skater will cost you close to $300K for the hull alone.
    So how it is worth less than 100K is beyond me.

NashvilleBound
    I cant find the "PDF file link" for the marshals......

Havasu Cig
    For the right price that would be a deal as long as the hull is in good shape.

andy01
    There's a bunch of cheap asses on OSO thinking it won't go for that much but to replace it with (what it is) a new 40' Flat Deck Skater will cost you close to $300K for the hull alone.
    So how it is worth less than 100K is beyond me.
    300K would buy you a 2007 not a 2003 with paint that some may not like. It would cost just as much rigging wise for a 07 or 03. I would rather build a brand new one that is set up for 6's and not surface drives. That boat needs a lot of money to finish it. Buying the blank is only half the money...........
    Andy

Jordy
    Buying the blank is only half the money...........
    Andy
    You think it's that much???? :idea:

Boatlesss
    300K would buy you a 2007 not a 2003 with paint that some may not like. It would cost just as much rigging wise for a 07 or 03. I would rather build a brand new one that is set up for 6's and not surface drives. That boat needs a lot of money to finish it. Buying the blank is only half the money...........
    Andy
    I didn't see any holes drilled in the transom so any drive can be put on it.
    Make them an offer and see if they take it.
    The hull is always the smallest investment in these type of boats. All it appears to need is rigged just like a new blank hull.

Havasu Cig
    I didn't see any holes drilled in the transom so any drive can be put on it.
    Make them an offer and see if they take it.
    The hull is always the smallest investment in these type of boats. All it appears to need is rigged just like a new blank hull.
    I just got done installing an intercom system in my boat, and I am even more impressed with Skater's hulls now. I spent some time crawling around under the deck when I was doing the wiring and got an even better look at the bulkheads etc... The uniformity in the thickness and finish of the hull because of vacuum bagging and the materials used (all the bulkheads and other seams are re-inforced with Kevlar) is amazing. On that note, for the right price I think the above hull would be a good deal with the quality that goes into building one.

andy01
    I just got done installing an intercom system in my boat, and I am even more impressed with Skater's hulls now. I spent some time crawling around under the deck when I was doing the wiring and got an even better look at the bulkheads etc... The uniformity in the thickness and finish of the hull because of vacuum bagging and the materials used (all the bulkheads and other seams are re-inforced with Kevlar) is amazing. On that note, for the right price I think the above hull would be a good deal with the quality that goes into building one.
    Well is sounds like you got pretty excited under there........
    Now quit wasting time and step up to that 40'..... I know you don't want to haul that big of a boat..... I just want to ride in it. :rollside:
    Andy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast