Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scuba Has Gone Crazy....

GlastronGuy
    Get a pontoon boat that has tall pontoons. Then you can tow the main boat between them and shoot out from the front of it.
    wink

superV
    Here at LOTO it is common to see 24'-30' toon with BBC and Bravos or twin or triple 2.4s Last year at the shoot out a guy ran a 24' like 89.? MPH. They are f'ing awsome and ride good too! wink The company that builds them is LOTO and they finish them like a PartyCat.

beyondhelpin
    You might look at a deck boat instead of a pontoon. You can put more power on them. My dad has a metal 23' deck boat with a 90 HP that runs about 35mph with 7 or 8 people on it. It is set up like a pontoon with the wide open deck. It just goes faster. Not hauling ass but it can take forever to get anywhere on a pontoon. Throw in a stereo that bumps and you have a party barge.

beyondhelpin
    Hey Super V
    Wheres a good place to stay at Loto. We may want to make a trip up there this year.

Seadog
    From long experience with toons, the best ones to get are in the 24' range with at least 24" diameter toons. You can't go wrong with a 90+ 4 stroke outboard on a toon. Brands, layout and the big one; foam filled u-logs vs round logs are personal choices. I personally would never have foam filled. You don't have to have a putter, if you are willing to spend to get it. Mine does 40+ and several are rated at 60+. Also please stop calling them pantoons, it is just wrong. If you have any questions about options or features to look for, just ask.

superV
    beyondhelpin:
    Hey Super V
    Wheres a good place to stay at Loto. We may want to make a trip up there this year. Thier are Lots of Places to stay. What are you looking for in a place? We have ex. camping with boat slips in state park and it is right by Party Cove wink

mud duck
    Currently I have three boats. The only time it really is nice is with a big group. Then you can put more than one in the water at a time and everyone gets to play. Maintenance only gets to be a hassle when winterizing all three at once, or when something breaks. I thought pontoons were ugly to trailer around, may be wrong on that, but that is what I heard. They made a Merc inline four cylinder I/O in pontoons, that might be nice.

beyondhelpin
    Not for sure if I would want to camp out or stay in a motel. Probally depends on the temp. But I do have an AC for the tent!

Seadog
    Mud Duck, a lot of people remember the old toon trailers that had the wheels inside the toon. These trailers were designed for launching only and would flip going around a curve. The trailers today are no problem to haul, but if you are going over 65 down the road, you need to remember that you have a lot of wind area with a light weight, just like an RV. I recommend avoiding the 13" wheels that a lot come standard with because they are turning a lot of RPMs at speed. OK for local runs, but go 14" w/Marathons if you want to haul. As far as the 3.0 in toons, I feel you are better off getting an outboard if you don't get a v-block I/O. Now twin 3.0s would be cool.
    [ April 11, 2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

dcb carrera
    I have two boats because I'm leaving one in Havasu and one I use locally. I use one to go fast in and one to ski behind. I really don't have problem keeping them clean, it's just another reason to drink a beer. I also have three 40 foot deep garages

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast