Thread: Accident in Palm Desert

Catatonic
    My buddy and I were coming back from a great weekend at Havasu last night and found ourselves the 2nd or 3rd car on the scene of a rollover crash just west of Ramon Road in Palm Desert. I ran over to help and found the driver ejected from his Explorer about 50 feet from the truck. I called OnStar from the Suburban and they were right on the scene. I just wanted to know if any of you guys who are Police or EMT's out there know what happened to the guy.

HBjet
    I want to say good job for stopping to help! And where you happy with the response from using the OnStar?
    HBjet
    [ May 19, 2003, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

WETDAWG
    I second that Good Job catatonic!
    I give you a fiver for that
    I know what it is like for people to just pass you by, Major accident or not you are aces in my book

rrrr
    Catatonic:
    My buddy and I were coming back from a great weekend at Havasu last night and found ourselves the 2nd or 3rd car on the scene of a rollover crash just west of Ramon Road in Palm Desert. I ran over to help and found the driver ejected from his Explorer about 50 feet from the truck. I'm an old focker, just saw 45 in the rear view mirror. I just want to tell you all that I have attended several funerals that were a result of a BS rollover accident. The common denominator? No seatbelt. If you are in a rollover, the ejection path is followed by a large hunk of steel.
    Wear your seatbelts. Please.

Catmando
    From one Cat to another wink five stars.

JetBoatRich
    Great job stopping and helping, I agree shot you 5.

spectratoad
    Good Job. I have been first on scene for a few and you will not believe what you mean to that person you are helping. Thumbs up!

Free Agent
    The higher the tow vehicle and the lower the drop on the hitch the more leverage the trailer has to take control and roll ya.
    Same principal as using a pipe over a pry bar.
    It's that easy and happens all the time.
    Fatals real common too.
    In addition to the accident you mention was a another involving a lifted Ford Truck with a toybox in tow.
    The toybox fishtailed in the wind, took control of the truck and it rolled,, all were ok according to a friend that stopped..
    This incident was West of Whitewater.
    Friend returning from the dry lake runs stopped and helped and said all were ok.
    [ May 20, 2003, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Free Agent ]

Thunderbutt
    Good goning Catatonic, we need more like you on the road. 5 UP

Catatonic
    Hey thanks all. Sorry, I have been on a business trip and haven't responded. Yes, I was very happy with the OnStar service. I don't pay the monthly subscription service because the EMS service is free. Growing up in the snow county of Pennsylvania, I have been on the scene of a few accidents but it was my first actually seeing a guy get pitched from the car. It was pretty surreal.