Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: another ramp mishap

Jrocket
    mbrown2:
    I just love the hands on the head pose from the guy in the boat...It says to me "I hope my wife called the Insurance company since we picked up the new boat today". It says to me "Hey,why did my 5500lb boat with smooth fiberglass bottom slide off my soft smooth carpeted trailer bunks on this steep inclined boat ramp"? cry

Havasu Doug
    DickDanger:
    I was drying my boat off, just on the other side of this, and heard the crash. I thought that it was someone unhitching their trailer, and dropping it on the ground, cos it was LOUD!!!! Can you believe that shit? Had another good time today, although it could have been a little warmer. I snapped a few pics that I will post a little later. -DD Out Yeah, it was loud! DD was actually at the next ramp over when he heard it!

JetBoatRich
    Havasu Doug:
    JetBoatRich:
    How did they get it back on? They had around 5 guys in their crew. One slowly backed in while one winched and two guys hung on the bow. I didn't hear any scraping while they did this, but it may have a little. Doug, sounds like they had practice at this frown

mbrown2
    They probably launched an Aftershock cat last time.

Jrocket
    Were they there 3 months ago in a Aftershock by chance?

SCUBA STEVE
    oh sh*t, I remember my first launch & retrieval at perris what an adventure that day was.

JetBoatRich
    What happened Steve, or should we not ask
    [ April 30, 2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

Kilrtoy
    Sandbar junkies,
    Tried again I dont know if it goes to your PM or if it is on HB mail....If you dont get it email me and I'll reply

mbrown2
    Steve, what happended?
    Hell, Launching in currents always makes for a fun day...
    Two weeks ago, my sister took ownership of a 2003 Nordic Sprint 22, she and her hubby are new boaters so I took it off...When we were ready to leave I was already washing my boat, so she asked our brother to put it back on....And I will let him drive any of my boats...but he was new to the offshore controls..anyway he accellerated into a nice concrete sea wall to take a nice gouge out of the Gel Coat Flames...Nice way to break in a day old boat.
    [ April 30, 2003, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

DEEZ NUTTS
    Talk of the first day, and manuals got me thinking. I had been to the lake many times with friends before buying my own boat, so I felt good about it.
    I bought my first and current boat from Keith when he was at the Boat Brokers. He took my wife and I out, went through a few of the basics then taught her to put it back on the trailer. Saved a potential argument between she and I. I'm still greatful.
    [ April 30, 2003, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: DEEZ NUTTS ]

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast