Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1994 24' Eliminator Fun Deck vs. 1986 23 mojave

superV
    Fun Deck has a 502 bravo II combo and the Mojave has a brand new blown LS6 with a casel V-Drive
    Both boats are in great shape the mojave is perfect looks new and the fun deck will need all new carpet and healm due to the boat being converted to a para sail boat but never finished due to owner never picking up or paying for the job. I would like any info anyone may have on both these boats, how do they each perform, handel, top speed, ect. The mojave is running 700hp dont know gear ect.

superV

superV
    ?

HavasuDreamin'
    That boat is not a Mojave, and it is not 23'. It is a 25' Eliminator Daycruiser (forget the model name) that was real popular back in the mid 80's. It is not a deep V boat. I remember looking at one back in the day and it was a nice boat, but had an alpha drive. You don't have to worry about that since this one has a Casale. Anyway, under the deck (which is not closed off) are two couches facing each other and a v-berth. Not real fancy, but decent. For $19,900 the mechanicals better be in excellent shape. It is just tough getting that much money out of an older hull. On the flip side, if the boat is perfect, I think it could be worth upper teens.
    Don't know jack about the 24' deckboat other than a Bravo II isn't going to be real fast.
    Good Luck
    [ May 21, 2003, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

superV
    HavasuDreamin':
    That boat is not a Mojave, and it is not 23'. It is a 25' Eliminator Daycruiser (forget the model name) that was real popular back in the mid 80's. It is not a deep V boat. I remember looking at one back in the day and it was a nice boat, but had an alpha drive. You don't have to worry about that since this one has a Casale. Anyway, under the deck (which is not closed off) are two couches facing each other and a v-berth. Not real fancy, but decent. For $19,900 the mechanicals better be in excellent shape. It is just tough getting that much money out of an older hull. On the flip side, if the boat is perfect, I think it could be worth upper teens.
    Don't know jack about the 24' deckboat other than a Bravo II isn't going to be real fast.
    Good Luck I have a 1981 eliminator 20' Daycruiser
    Hi Po V-Drive. This boat is much deeper than mine and it is 24' and I can get it for closer to 10k. I think it is a ProAm Cruiser and the cuddy is closed with a door, see pics. I just used that brookers pic to show the boat I have looked at manys times already and it is in great shape. But your right I would not pay 20k for it.

superV
    Good Luck [/QB][/QUOTE]
    I think your referring to the Bravo III duprop? The bravo II is a high performance drive made for high HP.Im told the boat runs 70.6 on the gps?But i have not looked at this boat and would be buying it Blind but for one hell of a price. Ive just seen lots of pics but the price im going to pay would be worht it just for the hull plus a bad ass triple axel trailer

Boozer
    Just a little curious.
    The steering wheel in that boat is on the left hand side. In my boat and several friends boats the steering wheel is on the right hand side.
    Whats up with that?

superV
    HD, Closed cabin!

superV
    Boozer:
    Just a little curious.
    The steering wheel in that boat is on the left hand side. In my boat and several friends boats the steering wheel is on the right hand side.
    Whats up with that? That is the difference between a Hot Boat
    and a production boat! argue Allot of us on these boards have left hand driver.

HavasuDreamin'
    No..........I meant that the cabin was not accessed via a door like the Nordic Daycruisers. In other words, under the dash is open all the way across. However, after looking at it a third time, maybe there is a door. I can't tell from the pics.
    After looking at all of the pics, it appears as though the boat may need a little work. Nothing major, but it looks as though it could use a buffing, the trailer looks like it could use paint, and the interior in the cabin looks like it could be redone. I also wouldn't call that a blower motor. More like a motor that has a little air forced in it (177's are weak from what I am told). My opinion is that the boat is a good deal between say $12K and $15K depending on how fresh everything is.........and how the interior and trailer look in person.
    Good Luck
    (PS. I always liked those boats).
    [ May 21, 2003, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast