Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dogs

picklefork1
    5 year old rott named SADDIE, she's a dumb ass but whatever, a 2 year old german rott named PAIN weighs about 125 still to excited all the time, does whatever SADDIE tells him to it seams, and a neopolitan mastiff named PARKER (oh thats original) he was about 165 last time I checked, really bitchen dog, mellow but a little slobery. He eats weird stuff, you know small things like the phone, if his butt rings don't answer it, it's a trick - We adopted him from pet smart only ran us $150 usually over a grand so we thought it was a good deal. Well after the phone thing he had to have an emergency surgery which ran us $1,800 (not a good deal anymore), he got into it with saddie and that ran another $300 in stitches some for him, some for her. O'well

NO4NBRI
    I have 2 pit bulls, one girl and one boy. The girl is about 2 years old, and the boy is about 7. Regardless of all the bad publicity these dogs get, they are as sweet as could be, yet very protective. They are great guard dogs. Both are spoiled rotten, and love going in the boat. These dogs have a mind of their own. They are always entertaining to watch.

disco_charger
    Fred is a half German Sheppard/Basset Hound. I got him at the pound when he was six months old. He is loyal, very loveable and retarded. He ate my spa cover and a tree in my back yard. He drinks beer (prefers Coors Light). I know you'll find this hard to believe but he's 60 lbs and fully grown. The other one is my wifes long hair dauschund Hope. She is a former show dog, and Fred's constant companion.
    http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Read.../Hopenfred.JPG
    Disco
    [This message has been edited by disco_charger (edited July 12, 2002).]

searssears1
    My wife and I Have 2 dogs.One is a sherpard/mastiff weighs 125 lbs her name is thumper.Cool with the kids all though they try to ride.Bad habit she has bad gas that can clear a room.Other dog BLK Lab 1 y/o loves to hunt.Her name is Shadow.She goes birdie every time the doves are in the back yard.And she's caught few sparrows on the fly.

lawbreaker2
    Was that KILLER dinner in that bowl or was that killer. http://home.columbus.rr.com/fillg/smilies/rofl.gif

diggler
    Here's mine, he's a 4yr old english bulldog that I picked up about 2 years ago from the National Bulldog Rescue network. He is just a blast as his personality is so laid back. Kids love him and all he exists to do is eat and sleep. http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Read...itter_Beer.JPG [/img]
    http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Read...nt_-_cute1.JPG [/img]

Livin Large 27Hallett
    Oh come on now, What are the best river dogs?
    Labs of course. I have two female labs, Mom and Daughter that just love to go out for a swim named J.D. and Rausha..

USCLB41
    German Shorthair Pointer named Buddy...two years old. Great hunting dog and he's good at it too...This dog will run until his legs fall off...

froggystyle
    We raised black labs my whole life, but Audrey and I now own a border collie named "Izzy" who is the consumate river dog. The dog is so smart, a change in voice is all it takes for discipline. I have not spanked her in 2 years (3 year old). She knows how to get on the boat in deep water by herself without scratching the gelcoat (uses the pump, then the swimstep, then the grab handle) and chills on the sundeck. Plus, she digs her life jacket (Thanks Haskal) and swims around until she decides to float, then just floats for a while.
    Good topic Alan. I used to own a Plothound/Bluetick cross named "Hooters" that came from a family of bear dogs. Good dog. Loud, but good. She was trained by me right away on racoons, which got a lovely coat of paintball upon treeing!

challengerjet
    We've got a 2 1/2 yr old Choc Lab named Harry Ass Truman, he came pre named as a wedding gift from my old man (sick sense of humor). We had a tough go with him at first but I swear he has turned out to be the best dog I've ever owned. We have a 16 month old son that has completely bonded with the dog, I've never seen anything like it, Harry follows him around and watches my son like a hawk and they even take naps together.
    Now for the bad part. Harry has an addiction to tennis balls, this dog is the most intense and focused ball dog alive i think. One night when he was about a year old we had finished playing ball and i set the ball on the edge of the boat in the back yard just like always, well that night my wife and i went to dinner and had a late night. We got home and let the dog in for the night business as usual... well the next morning i went to put him out and feed him when i discovered he had jumped on the boat after the ball, tore thru the cover and found some very soft vinyl that was meant for chewing, the bastard ate the corners off every seat in the boat, but i was looking for a reason to reupholster anyway.
    sorry for the long rant.
    cjet

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast