Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If this passes, The terrorists have won

75_Elim
    LOS ANGELES Sept. 17 —
    The City Council has voted to ban lap dances and all other physical contact between entertainers and customers at strip clubs, bikini bars and adult bookstores.
    A "no-touch" rule would require dancers to remain at least six feet from customers even when dancers are tipped. The council also voted Tuesday to outlaw "VIP rooms," where nude dancers perform privately.
    The ordinance now goes to Mayor James Hahn for his signature and could go into effect as early as next month. Hahn has said he will sign the bill.
    Under the law, strip clubs must hire a state-licensed security guard and undergo an annual permit review. Violations would be punishable by up to six months in jail and up to $2,500 in fines.
    Attorney Roger Jon Diamond said he planned to file a lawsuit challenging the ordinance's language and how it was adopted. Exotic dancers argued at previous hearings that the ordinance would destroy their livelihood.
    Supporters of the law argued that strip clubs contribute to prostitution, drug use and violence.

Blown 472
    Wow talk about irony, this cumming from the touchy feely state of california.

Boozer
    One more thing to add to the Soviet Republic of Californias do not do list.

miller19j
    What is the reasoning behind it?????

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Sorry, but I don't get what this has to do with terrorists. Not that I'm for more stupid laws, but I don't see the connection.

Kahuna
    I wish these puritanical fascists would just have a beer and relax. devil

summerlove
    Not that I agree or disagree, but it is that way in San Diego. That is what got the city council in so much shit recently - they allegedly accepted contributions to aid in relaxing the "no touch" rule.

75_Elim
    Mrs. Sportin' Wood:
    Sorry, but I don't get what this has to do with terrorists. Not that I'm for more stupid laws, but I don't see the connection. It was a touch of sarcasm on a very serious bill. The idea that we need to live under the ideals of uptight conservatives is what the terrorist mind-set is. They feel we are overindulging and we are just fat americans.

Windy
    If this law passes...these girls are gonna turn to prostitution.

NoCal NoBoat
    Memo to the Los Angeles City Council
    "There is NO sex in the Champagne Room"...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast