Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 L garbage

hoolign
    I bought this 01 6L new, at 74000 KM's it all of a sudden started drinking up to 2L of oil a day,it also had a loud knock,not the typical chevy tick,service manager said " oh that ticking is normal" they told me it needed an upgraded pcv valve and the knocking was from carbon build up on the pistons...changed out the pcv and dumped some chemical in to clean the carbon, all at my cost,brought it home drove 160 KM's down 2 liters of oil and sounds like a deisel again,I don't know who the knothead at GM is who designed these motors with the loose tolerances,to get longer engine life,but he should be shot...back to the dealer tommorow!!! you'de think by spending that kind of money on these things they'd last more than 70000KM's

Sleek-Jet
    Yankee units please, the conversions give me a headache!!
    Seriously, I haven't heard of that problem from my buddies that have 6.0's. Sounds like you need to corner the service manager and make him understand the problem. Is the motor still under warranty?
    [ April 13, 2003, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Sleek-Jet ]

hoolign
    1.6 km-1mph
    4L-1gal
    1.6 CND DOLLAR-1 U.S DOLLAR
    2.3 U.S BEER -1 CDN BEER
    SERVICE MNGR is a her that reads off a computer screen, warrenty for another 50000KM,in my buisness trucks are used alot harder than most,but still should last,I have two buds that have the same prob,I think it's time to get a hold of G.M,I'm tired of the ****in run around I get at this place

Sleek-Jet
    It's amazing what happens when you get the head office envolved. My mom had a Ford a few years ago that needed work done, and it was still under warranty. Local Ford dealer says, "You didn't buy it here, we don't have to fix it."
    I called Dearborn and talked to a very nice person there about the level of service at Local Ford dealer.
    One week later we get a call from Local Ford dealer, "Can you bring the car in today, we need to take care of that problem."
    [ April 13, 2003, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: Sleek-Jet ]

Jungle Boy
    Jeff, I had a 6L Chev and hated it. After having a power stroke and going to gas job, it was all that I could do to hang onto it for the required 6 months. I bought the new Ford with after 5 months with that POS. I couldn't afford to put gas in it and it drove me nuts hearing it scream at 5800 RPM up small hills going to Nordegg with the boat on. Hope they find a solution for your problem. Word of mouth is huge in the Alberta patch.

Jrocket
    Sleek-Jet:
    Yankee units please, the conversions give me a headache!!
    One of the best "one liners" I've heard in while!!! LMAO

Jungle Boy
    I liked the beer conversion the best.

carreraelite
    I have a '01 2500 ,8.1 ,with 15000 miles on it with no problems. My brother has a '02 2500,6.0,with about the same milage,no problems so far.

Daytona19
    I had a similar problem with a dodge product. It ended up being a intake manifold gasket breached and allowing oil to by pass into the cylinder and burn. I was using a quart every 300 miles and the oil in the motor smelled like carbon. Long story short it took out the bottom end and even though dodge knew of the problem I paid for it to be fixed. Never own another and hope its not your problem with the chev but sure sounds that way.

hoolign
    carreraelite:
    I have a '01 2500 ,8.1 ,with 15000 miles on it with no problems. My brother has a '02 2500,6.0,with about the same milage,no problems so far. Hey dude,that's when the motor started its typical gm tick i've got about 3 times the miles on it, they're pretty much all off road,hard miles but the piece of shit should last well into the 200000 km mark like my 97.maybe you'll get lucky and not have a problem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast