Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 L garbage

SchellSchock
    Speakin of "GM Tick".....
    I have an 03' Burb with the 8.1
    When cold this thing has a low level tick that almost sounds like a diesel. Is it normal or????

Raskal
    i have a 01 hd 4x and have 32,000 miles and not one prob i do have the tick when cold .but dose not use a drop off oil .i do wish i did get the disel but dam that was $8,000 more with trans. but i guess i would have saved that in gas buy now
    [ April 15, 2003, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Raskal ]

Jrocket
    I believe SuperDave013 has had alot of problems with his 8.1...I think push rod problems!!! frown

hoolign
    Well it's back at the dealer right now,told em either fix it or sell it,bunch a bullshit!evrything that goes wrong with these new trucks
    they call "normal" and expect you to just stand there like the villiage idiot and nod your head,yes yes that makes sense... drool, slobber, slobber,walk into wall ..bump head! just waiting to get a call and here "well, we're sorry but your warrenty does not cover that"! bastards!!

spectras only
    Do I hear another GM vs Ford debate wink .I had a corvette that started leaking at the crankshaft front seal with only 30.ooo miles on it.The oil seeped in the harmonic balancer's insulator causing it to dissolve,and subsequently throwing the outer ring off eek! . I've also had a Cherokee LTD with a hardened rear main seal starting to use 1 L oil every 100 miles ,it had 140.000 miles though .Hooligan , buy a 250/350 powerstroke .

OutCole'd
    Anybody else have input on this truck? I am thinking about getting a 1500 HD this Thursday and it has the 6.0 ltr. engine. What kind of mileage can I expect? How does it tow? I am probably getting a 28' deck boat in the next two years, will it tow it? I have a 2003 Tahoe with the 5.3 ltr. and I love it, but they do not offer a crew cab with that engine unless you buy a avalance(which I hate).
    Thanks

Danhercules
    I heard this this weekend and I loved it......
    The guy told me....."If you ever get a motor built, make sure it is buit between tues and thursday. Cause Monday everyone is hungover and needs a day to get their shit together, plus they dont know where they left off befrore the intoxicating weekend, and on friday everone is in a hurry to get going to get loaded.!!!!"
    Kinda maks ya think!! idea

carreraelite
    I have a 2001 with the 8.1. It has just over 16K on it with out any problems!!

Hal
    There has been a lot of problems with the new 5.3 and the 6.0 motors. Mostly piston knock. Chevy is extending warrantys or repairing motors.
    Check the forums on this site, there is a lot of good info on chevys
    Chevytalk.com

Jungle Boy
    I had a 6.0 L chev crew cab (2002 model). I liked the truck but hated the engine. I sold as early as I could. Shitty gas milage and screaming RPM when towing. I have a Ford 350 now again and love it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast