Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ford F150 SuperCrew

roln 20s
    Alright, first off, I am considering buying a new truck soon, as mine has 140K miles and I don't want to dump another dollar in it. But I have always considered myself a "Chevy Only" person, but I feel this Ford is better than a comparable Chevy on the market. It kinda hurts me to say that, but oh well.
    Second, I am considering the Ford F150 SuperCrew (would love the Harley edition- but to much $$).
    Any experiences? If and when I purchase my own boat within the next two years- the max it would be is a single engine 28 V or a 26-28 Cat? Will the 5.4L be enough to get me around in comfort and worry free.
    Also, anyone who has seen my truck will realize that I can't keep anything stock. I would like to run 22's on it for a while, and maybe lift is later on. My truck is lowered with full airbag suspension, and as much as I love it, I don't have any plans of doing that again.
    Thanks for any information.
    Roln 20s
    PS- Anyone work at a Ford dealership?

hboldno7
    Is your truck for sale? I think I remember seeing in a thread somewhere on the boards, If so post some details and pics

roln 20s
    Anything is for sale for the right price. Since I just bought a house, I would like to go a little while without a truck payment, but who knows.
    Here's a pic of my truck- feel free to advertise, and of course, any Sale will earn you a little $$.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/1therig2-med.JPG[/img]
    If you or anyone needs some details let me know. The trucks runs great and everything is top notch--I'm just trying to think ahead and possibly upgrade. And yes, it has a hidden hitch and I have towed a friends 29 Magic to the lake before, and it looked bad ass together.
    Roln 20s

bigq
    Just bought a 4X4 SC about a month ago. I found it used 2002 with only 7800 miles on it.Picked it up for 25k fully loaded XLT. It has the 5.4 with 3.55. You need to drive one. The 5.4 is very smooth compared with the pushrod motors. I think the towing is rated at 7800LBS. Don't know if you want the 4X4, but you can lower the 4X4 also instead of raising it. I think BelTech makes a kit for it.

roln 20s
    bigq-
    I think I will also, when the time is perfect, look for one that is a year or 2 old. They seem like much better buys.
    I'm not sure if I want a 4*4 or 4*2, probably just depends on what is available and the best price. I do not want to lower it, but maybe raise it down the road if I get a 4*4. I just want to get some big wheels (22 or 23's) for the time being.
    You happy with yours?
    Roln 20s

SUPERCREWJOHN
    Roln 20. You shouldnt have any problems towing with the 5.4. I have a 2001 F-150 Supercrew Lariat ( Black) with 17 x 70 x 265 with a 3.73 rear that I special ordered as well as the transmission cooler & HD Radidator, I have pulled Bobcat's and some 27' 7000lb boats with very little difficulty. My truck does ride excellent.. If a F-250 with a V10 is available I would probably go with that if your looking for a bit more towing power if you have to do some long hills. The deisel is ideal, but I also know that you're price sensitive. The thing I like about the 250's & 350 is the rear stabalizer and a heavier duty transmission and more gear ratio options all the way up to a 4.30

TOBTEK
    ROLON....I just took a deposit last night on my 2001 4x4 sc. With the 5.4 motor it pulls the OK....amd I mean just OK! Ford(IMO) has a much nicer interor bad GM has better drivetrain....Think im getting a GMC 2500 xtracab diesel this time, should have enough motor to pull ANYTHING I will ever own......Dont for get the supercrew's truck bed sucks if you ever have to put ANYTHING of any size in it. 1 dirtbike and gear your maxed. They are a nice ride/ light duty truck and will pull a boat OK.....make sure your making the right purchase. I personaly wont get another one.

roln 20s
    Thanks guys.
    Tobtek-like I said, I have always been a Chevy guy. What do you think of the quad-cab shortbed 1500HD? Is it too underpowered with the 6000 Vortec?
    Just another truck that I really like.
    Roln 20s

bigq
    TOBTEK:
    ROLON....I just took a deposit last night on my 2001 4x4 sc. With the 5.4 motor it pulls the OK....amd I mean just OK! Ford(IMO) has a much nicer interor bad GM has better drivetrain....Think im getting a GMC 2500 xtracab diesel this time, should have enough motor to pull ANYTHING I will ever own......Dont for get the supercrew's truck bed sucks if you ever have to put ANYTHING of any size in it. 1 dirtbike and gear your maxed. They are a nice ride/ light duty truck and will pull a boat OK.....make sure your making the right purchase. I personaly wont get another one. Tobtek, did you gear that thing when you put on the 35" tires?

bigq
    roln: you could also wait for the 2004 F150 coming soon. The motor is going to be sweet and the frame and R&P Steering should be nice. I am sure it will be pricy though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast