Thread: hit rockbar and ruined impellor and rudder

ryantparks
    About 1/2 mile up from the pipeline in Laughlin I ran over a rockbar with my pump. I was lucky enough not to stop in the middle of it but my wife and I had to walk it out of the shallow area, not fun!. The worst part about it is some old guys in their boat must have done the same thing a few minutes earlier and they watched me go right over it I wish they could have given me just a hand signal showing how shallow it really was. Ive gone through this spot many times before and I do know that is does have some shallow spots there but havent had any problems before I guess I was just out too early (1:00pm)!
    Anyways, Im not real familiar with jet pumps but I did take my impeller off before coming home so I could get a replacement for next time. Its a Legend with an "A" impeller that has one of the blades completely gone so Im wondering if I buy a new one or are there alot of good used ones out there and also can I replace it with a stainless? The inside of the pump looked to be in good condition w/no scrapes and the wearring looked fine also.
    I also need the large rudder!
    Any help is much appreciated. Thanks Ryan 02 Stealth

check your pms

Moomawnster
    Sorry to hear about THAT trip ender , I am having trouble with the impeller damage ....... What could possibly break a whole blade out ? In any case I would get a used wheel unless you are squeezing for speed ....... Duane at HiTechPerformance has em , ... good luck ..... lots of parts out there! ...... Moo

Mohavekid
    Sorry to hear of your troubles, that rock bar has eaten more that it's fair share of props, outdrives and gel coats. I lost part of my rudder there a few years ago.
    Stainless will cost you a bunch more. Probably $1500 compared to $3-400 for aluminum.
    Unless you're looking for all out speed, or are running a ton of power, stainless is not necessary.
    Good luck.

HammerDown
    Sorry to here about what happned...But be glad you weren't driving a IO. or V-Drive, things might not be looking so good as in>$$$$$$$.
    I would think twice about a Stainless Impeller on a mild motor. Chances are your damage (may) have been worse to the pump and shaft with the harder materal vs. one blade busting off the Aluminum one.
    Something to think about.
    There are used Impellers around, but not knowing the history of it...I'd buy new. Not to much $$$$

77charger
    i too have met a rockbar in laughlin very close to where you hit.The area i hit was in front of a little beach park area that had umbrellas.Onthe az side.Made it back though and had everything fixed about 380 bucks in damage and during the fix i had previous probs corrected totoal was around 1100 w/ a new diverter and rudder.