Thread: 300x 1st problem

jm2drvr
    took boat in for 50 hr. routine service...two days later had oil leaking out of one of the lower units. Called Lakeland and they said it is a common problem with the 300x. They fixed it with their upgraded aftermarked seals, and had me back out on the water in less than two hours...thanks Lakeland.
    disregard the faces, my 4 year old was sitting on my lap and had to click on all of them.

jm2drvr
    who's pic is that under my name?

XFactor
    Had the same problem and Lew took care of it. Nice to know you can count on someone in town to fix the problems right the first time.

mbrown2
    BUT!!!!!....after 24 hours on the engines...and before I was going to drop it on last Friday (our last weekend out for the season) my river neighbor noticed a small hair line crack on the right engine lower unit right above the prop shaft/bearing carrier....after closer inspection noticed both engines had one...bigger on the right, but both had them in the exact same place....after calling DCB and Lakeland, Lakeland took some pics....it seems they also had a 32 Skater-Triple 300x OB's with the same issue on one of the engines...not sure what it is but thinking is it is either a casting flaw, or Merc needs to beef up this area where exhaust housing is.....
    Put a damper on my weekend, but that just meant I could get drunk on the dock and watch the boats try and navigate the wind....
    Lakeland called and new housings are on the way....all you other 300x owners, take a close look...I will post pics tonight or tomorrow of exactly where it occurred..
    So much for these bullet proof OB drives.. ....

TOBTEK
    scarrrrry, better check mine out!

HavasuBarney
    But I'm still saying no to crack!

F26
    had the same problem on one of my 03's, from what i was told they switched the seal and it can only be used only once now.