Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever see anything this strange?

XLGPP
    jonny jones is inquireing about a listing you placed in the ***boat.com classifieds title Cougar 27MTR (oct 01 Hot Boat cover boat).
    Comments:
    Dear Sir, We have a client who is very interested in purchasing this boat you have for sale and he is agreement with the price you have quoted on the internet and our client would be responsible for the shipping cost to DUBAI,UAE and his preferred method of payment is either by cashiers check or bank wire-transfer, please advice on which method you prefer and if the boat item is still available, thanks. Jonny Jones 971504692468
    Phone) -
    E-mail:jonnyjones004@yahoo.com
    At 1st I thought it was one of you joksters playing with me for asking way too much for my boat... but I called the number at it is for real.. I wonder what it will cost to send a 27' Cat to Arabia? I guess we'll see if it goes thru.

Ntwotrance
    This same scam was discussed a few weeks ago....don't do it...it is a scam.

MANIC MECHANIC
    There was a thread simular to this just a couple days ago. It's a scam! Tim

Keithb87
    I would make real sure that the money is clear and transfered into your account before I 'd ship anything. Maybe even set up a different account just for the wire transfer. Then transfer the money into your own account.
    If they can put the money in, they can most likely take it out.
    I'd be careful

Keithb87
    I forgot,
    With a name like Johnny Jones from Sauadi Arabia ......
    Watch it

Picklefork
    ARABIA? I wonder were this guy intends to use the boat, and why would an oil barron want a used boat?

bear down
    Originally posted by Picklefork
    ARABIA? I wonder were this guy intends to use the boat, and why would an oil barron want a used boat?
    I would agree, when I puchased my boat from Eliminator last year they had a guy from an Arab country purchase about 6 220 eagles and had them all shipped at one time to the country for him and his family. Some people have the buck$$$ must be nice.

eliminatedsprinter
    Be very careful, I've heard they say they want to wire money to your account in order to get account info.

Tremor Therapy
    Its a scam. They used the same format to let you know they were refugee's that had millions of dollars, and to keep it from getting confiscated, they wanted to transfer it to your account, and they would let you have a mil or so. Big time scam, they get your account number and drain you accounts.
    DON'T DO IT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast