Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magic 28 Deck

duckhntr
    I know this debate has gone on for awhile, but I am close to buying the Magic Deck Boat and am looking for any quality, or customer service issues that may be out there. I am set on the Magic because it is in my price range, and they have been timely in regards to numbers and seem o.k. to deal with thus far. I have heard Conquest is a better company, with better quality, but in the long run I need to get as much boat for what I can afford.
    I tried to deal with Eliminator back in May on a Daytona but Dan in Sales is an old tired burn out, and George is full of sh**.
    Any information would be appreciated.
    Thanks!!!

pleasantcat
    jack over at magic is a nice guy to deal with. i was damn close to the ol'28 hotrod cat they had but jumped on this eliminator instead. the deck boat has a nice layout and i havent herd any negative feedback from the owners i know. they are starting to show up out on pleasant more and more so they're doing something right over at magic.
    i cant say enuf about the people at eliminator as well. i bought my boat used but when i call for questions or to purchase stuff i get treated like i got a new boat from them. by all meens go with what you can afford either way eliminator/magic you wont be sorry. my .02

beach gomer
    duckhntr
    what happened with george at eliminator

DogHouse
    Originally posted by duckhntr
    ...I have heard Conquest is a better company, with better quality, but in the long run I need to get as much boat for what I can afford.
    Better quality, why is that?

revpuffdaddy
    I have researched the deck boats closely over the past 2 seasons. Magic was on the right track with 2 forward facing seats....that's the primo set up. I would look be careful dealing with the Magic folks. Word has it that warranty issues are not top priority with them? Any boat is going to have some "fix it" items...right? The Conquest Top Cat II has 2 forward facing seats like the Magic and the construction is superior. If you are going to keep the boat a long time the extra Conquest quality will begin to show! I'm going with the Top Cat II. See Keith Sayre at Conquest...Great guy!

DogHouse
    Originally posted by revpuffdaddy
    ...The Conquest Top Cat II has 2 forward facing seats like the Magic and the construction is superior. If you are going to keep the boat a long time the extra Conquest quality will begin to show!...
    Examples? Just curious.

revpuffdaddy
    The Conquest uses 4 full length stringers and then uses a solid floor over those stringers (completly glassed in). Then the top side (liner) is also glassed to the bottom section. Look at the overall weight figures. The Conquest is about 400 lbs heavier. The draw back is that with the same power the Conquest is about 2 to 3 mph slower. (extra 400 lb) However, the construction will hold up to the Havasu pounding and ride a bit better. Don't get me wrong, the Magic isn't trash. I just felt that the Conquest was a bit superior and the company is top notch to deal with.

bigq
    Originally posted by revpuffdaddy
    The Conquest uses 4 full length stringers and then uses a solid floor over those stringers (completly glassed in). Then the top side (liner) is also glassed to the bottom section. Look at the overall weight figures. The Conquest is about 400 lbs heavier. The draw back is that with the same power the Conquest is about 2 to 3 mph slower. (extra 400 lb) However, the construction will hold up to the Havasu pounding and ride a bit better. Don't get me wrong, the Magic isn't trash. I just felt that the Conquest was a bit superior and the company is top notch to deal with.
    This is also why it feels, for lack of a better word, less "shaky". By tieing the two sponsons together with a full floor it creates a solid feel and I assume will help in the future.

duckhntr
    To beach gomer--I don't want to make this an Eliminator bash session. If you would like to send me a private e-mail I will give you all the gory details. Lets just say I have cost Eliminator several sales from my story and hopefully I will cost them several more. They don't seem to care though. They can borrow money from Wayne Minor again if they get in trouble.
    To Dog House--I think the Conquest has a better quality interior, their rigging is a little superior, and as was also said their floor and stringer construction is better. I have also heard nothing negative in regards to warranty and customer service issues.
    I have heard that Magic has some issues repairing boats under warranty, and their customer service isn't the best.
    Any more info would be helpful.
    Thanks!!

prosthogod
    My buddy has an '03 and I have personally helped him tighten over 200 screws, and half of those were stripped in the glass. All the hardware on the bimini has come apartand we put it together on the water. I finally bought him a1000 piece screw set from overtons so he wouldn't fall apart on the water. They will certainly take care of your issues, but it gets old sittin in the alley there getting fixed when you should be on the lake.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast