Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wifes New Car What do you think??

superdave013
    Originally posted by carbonmarine
    ** I think your neieghbor should repaint his house.
    Perhaps put some mexican style flower pots next to those two upstairs windows; kinda match the roof ...... OH Those colors, the primary colors of the house cannot match teh roof ! - mix it up a bit !
    laughs,
    Rick32
    lol, Dude, how do you know so much about that shit? Are you on TV helping straight guys with their style?

spectratoad
    Originally posted by carbonmarine
    ** I think your neieghbor should repaint his house.
    Perhaps put some mexican style flower pots next to those two upstairs windows; kinda match the roof ...... OH Those colors, the primary colors of the house cannot match teh roof ! - mix it up a bit !
    laughs,
    Rick32
    Home Improvement eyes for the boat guys.

Scape Goat
    The reason people wreck porsche is because they think sport car, go fast handle any high speed.
    the boxter is a mid engine the center of gravity is almost perfect for any person with no experience.
    the 911/carrera is rear engine mostly after the wheels this causes the front to be light stearing or very high over steer
    which in turns etc. causes the front to lift and swing, racer like it because of that affect. on the street, could be dangerous if not used to it.
    in my opinion to wreck a boxter means you can't drive
    to wreck a 911/carrera means you cant drive a true sports car.
    nice accord it will be very reliable with almost no maint.
    sorry for the winded post

MagicMtnDan
    Originally posted by TCHB
    Take a look at my wifes new car. She got rid of the mini van and now a hot rod Honda that beats Porches. Yes she bought the car without me around. I was on a buisness trip! EXR Accord
    According to Honda's Web site -2004 Honda Accord Trim Levels (http://www.hondacars.com/models/trim...rDetected=True), there's no such thing as an "EXR."
    Furthermore, it won't "beat Porsches" in anything but except maybe straight line acceleration and that's if it's going up against a Boxster (probably can't beat a Boxster S).
    Honda is one of the absolute best manufacturers of cars in the world (I think Honda and Toyota are the two best in terms of quality and reliability). But most of their cars are front wheel drive and appeal to the straight-line, rice rocket street racer types - for the most part, Hondas are not designed to do well in the twisties. Except for the S2000 (revised for this year with slightly more power/torque) and the NSX (watch for the new one coming in 2-3 years - gonna be amazing), Hondas are girls cars Your wife did good but don't try and "beat Porsches" with it.
    PS: The Boxsters are mid-engined cars and offer a balance of speed, handling and braking that very few cars can compete with. The 911s (996s) are rear-engined and handle completely differently (once a mid-engine car loses it's grip it wants to keep spinning - once the rear engine car loses it's grip it wants to go tail-first).

rrrr
    I think he meant "EXL", which although is not officially listed that way is a common reference to the EX trim with leather.
    The 3.0L V-6 is throwing down 240 HP, pretty good stuff in a small package. Traction Control is standard, the car has a lot of other nice features like dual zone climate control, side air bags, In dash 6 disc changer and so on.
    It's a lot of car for the money. I think my wife paid around $25K for hers.

RiverRatMike
    my g/f has a Honda DX. Great reliable car but has no power! I like the 450HP in my 1968 el camino much better.

FingerTight
    Only an idiot with too much money and not enough brains/skill crashes a Porsche.
    It has nothing to do with layout of the car, it's weight ballance, engine placement, or anything else.
    Some dips*#t bought a car they didn't understand and drove it outside their abilities.
    stupid waste of machinery...
    PS - nice Honda, great car, smooth engine, lots -o- guts for what it is. Stick or auto?

ROZ
    She didn't like the C-Class?

Wet Dream
    Somebody sucks at taking pics. The idea is to get the subject to be the main focus.

XTRM22
    Would you guys quit encouraging Tony, next thing you know he'll post that picture of him and his scooter in the kitchen. :-)
    Chuck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast