Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 77 Southwind Tunnel...

fourspeednup
    Good boat? Tough to drive/ steer? Never paid much attention to tunnels cuz they're usually out of my price range. Looked at a nice ex-drag boat today. Kinda rough gel but sweet motor+jet
    Not this one, but similar setup...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...000899-med.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...-03009-med.jpg
    PS--Thanks for the pics rubberducky and fryjet:wink: :wink:

SPECTRABRENT
    Great Boat!
    HOw much?
    Brent

Jake W
    Southwind Tunnel Dragsters are the SHIT.These boats are soupost to be pretty forgiving but need a lot of HP and set up work to get them to run like they are ment to.if I can ever find a project boat like this I will be all over it like a hobo on a ham sandwitch.
    Jake
    PS bitchen boat in the pic.:jawdrop:

fourspeednup
    Only 5 grand. I BS'd with the guy for about 2 hours talking boats. Wasn't expecting much but this thing was awesome. A little lacking in the looks department but whatever.
    Once he fired it up, it was all over. It has a full rail setup and built pump. Used to run a blown hemi, now a Ford 472. Possibly light layup (knocking on the hull sounded very different than my brendella)?
    I agree, the boat in the pics is sweet. I'm practicing my pic uploading, just figured it out about 3 hours ago.

fourspeednup
    Originally posted by SPECTRABRENT
    Great Boat!
    HOw much?
    Brent
    He used to live in Simi, said he spent a lot of time on castaic. Maybe you know him, name's JD. Boat looks just like the one in the pic but brown metal flake where the white is on the boat in the pics. Also has stacked tanks. Headers are kinda nasty, ran without water at some point. Set up for center steer

SPECTRABRENT
    I dont know of the boat, but 5,000.00 does not sound out of the question for a Southwind Tunnel hull.
    Post some pictures.
    Good Luck,
    Brent

fourspeednup
    As much as I'd love to own this one, the funds are just not there without selling my own rig. Damn school sucking all of my money!!! I looked at it for my brother in law who is currently out of town and looking for a winter project.
    Time to go sell some of my extra organs on ebay, anyone need a kidney????...

mouzer
    Originally posted by Jake W
    Southwind Tunnel Dragsters are the SHIT.These boats are soupost to be pretty forgiving but need a lot of HP and set up work to get them to run like they are ment to.if I can ever find a project boat like this I will be all over it like a hobo on a ham sandwitch.
    Jake
    PS bitchen boat in the pic.:jawdrop: i have a 77 southwind hull tunnel dragster,light deck,parkay floor,needs paint,no motor,or int,or jet,was asking $1000, .its on a tandom trailer,crome fenders, total project, but its my 6th dragster,

mouzer
    Originally posted by BigBoyToys
    Here's a Pic of it
    http://i4.ebayimg.com/03/i/00/e0/1d/f9_1.JPG this was one of my dragsters right here. its for sale..$4000 due to spinal surgery

mouzer
    Originally posted by BigBoyToys
    Ahhh....I see Here's the boat that I believe that you are talking about. It is on Ebay Here 1977 Southwind (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=31270)
    Opening bid is $4800.00 with no reserve and nobody has bid yet with 1 day left before the end of the aution. I did email the owner about the condition of the hull, IE; Stress cracks, stringer condition, etc. and received a Reply.......
    I think I'll pass but it may be a good deal for someone that has the time to put some work into it. The boat is in Scottsdale, AZ and I have JD's phone number if anyone is interested in it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast