Hey NG,
Question about that wiring. I got my Mallory and built the harness as shown on their schematic and yours. One thing I don't understand is when I cut the harness and removed the Prestolite module I traced a white wire to the shift interrupter (micro switch) on the other side of the engine. That wire goes to the micro switch and has a black one on the other side of it that goes to ground. I don't have a gray wire that goes to the coil since the coil was contained in the module box.
Where is this gray wire in the harness and what does it go to? Is there another component that I should look for besides the old module? What does the interrupter itself look like? Is the interrupter only on the older engines? I wired the diode end direct to the coil, the interrupt end to the white wire that goes to the micro SW and the resistor end to ground.
After running for some time and stopping in the water it loses spark & I then need to change the module. I have now just bypassed the additional wiring and said hell with the shift interrupter. You have any ideas???