Thread: BEWARE of All Seasons Marine in Boulder City, NV

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    STV_Keith
    BUYER BEWARE! The owner, Ted Miller of All Seasons Marine in Boulder City, NV, is not someone I would advocate a deal with.
    Through the grape vine, I recently found out that Ted had a vintage Mercury motor down there that my dad was interested in. A trip to the shop and pictures later, Ted and my dad agreed on a price and the deal was struck. My dad sent a cashiers check to me, since I would be picking the engine up at the shop, and had me start working on a shipping crate to get it back to FL.
    The check arrives about 4 biz days after they struck the deal. A day or so later, I call to inform Ted that I have the check in hand, but due to SEMA being in town, will not be able to make it down until the week after. His son took the message and said he would relay it. Two days later I call back to reconfirm and speak with Ted, and even set a date for pickup now that I had procured a shipping crate. He had no problem with this and we made a date for Monday the 10th.
    Over this weekend, I got pretty sick, even ended up in the hospital Sunday morning with a 104* fever. Called ASM on Monday to move the appointment back to Tuesday and again spoke with one of Ted's sons. He said he'd tell Ted, but for me to call on Tuesday and try to speak directly with Ted.
    Upon calling Ted today, he's decided not to sell now. His reasons ranged from "you were supposed to send a deposit" - which wasn't mentioned the week before when I spoke to him, to "someone called and said it's worth more".
    Nice way to do business. Now I've gone out of my way to shoot pics, my dad had a cashiers check made up, shipped it overnight to me here in Vegas from Florida, I found a shipping crate and get it all scheduled, THEN he backs out.
    In the end, I'm a firm believer in "what comes around, goes around" and I'm sure Ted and All Seasons Marine will get (or not get) theirs.
    I'm hoping my fellow boating bretheren can help me let All Seasons Marine "feel" some of theirs.

pro Ted Miller

To all Ted Miller haters, He and his sons are the best at what they do. He did not get to where he is by being a bad business man. He is the most successful person I know and smartest person there is at running a business. Ted worked very hard and earned every penny he has. Nothing was given to him. So to have boat as successful as it is now I'd say he's doing something right.