Thread: Engineering help?

HOSS
    Any engineers in here? I wanted to get plans for my deck/over deck. I am building a deck but also an upper deck and will be putting jacuzzi on it. Please email me. Or post here. Thanks.

sorry dog
    You could do wood but the loadings and jucuzzi size/placement would be important to determine wood size, spans, and joint types. Also, your soil type/density will determine footing size.
    If you want a stamped drawing, then that might cost you a buck or two. I'm assuming your not gonna tell the building dept but having a stamped drawing isn't a bad idea if you want to cover your ass (or tuck in your case) liability wise.
    There is a Auburn engineer at work that would do it for a nominal fee, but I wouldn't wish him on anybody I didn't want to torture.

HOSS
    check with him. I can get any info he needs. Soil density? That I can`t do. How? Ask him what he needs. Thanks.

victorfb
    ive done a deck with a jacuzi over the living room in palos verdes. ill have to look to see if i still have the plans. useing glue lams lets you go with a smaller size beam. how big is the hot tub you want to install? do you know the static weight of it full?

HOSS
    no but will find out. It holds 4 comfortably. I need to get deminsions and gallons.

HOSS
    Bouncing back up. Will have info today.

sorry dog
    Soil density?
    You in NO right?
    Are you in a swamp?
    It rains a lot here too and we've had to repair a few highly loaded decks that had the footings sink a few inches. If the ground where the footings go is moist, mushy, or has organic material in it then I would err to making the bigger.