Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quads ripped off!!!!

LUVNLIFE
    I hate to hear stories like this. I work hard for my toys and I know you all do also. Then some a-hole thinks he can just snag them. I'm in the mode of lock or store away everything. People who rip honest people off make me

dorC
    Keep an eye on ebay. That's where my stolen prop turned up. They busted the guy (I even got to partipate!) and solved many, many other prop thefts!

fear the turtle
    Just FYI - for anyone selling bikes or quads in the phoenix area, there seems to be a new rash. If someone calls asking about the bikes/quads make sure you ask them for some ID before allowing a test ride. I've heard of two cases recently where someone has come by to see a quad and then took it for a test ride only to never return. The police assume, once they are out of sight there's a waiting vehicle they pull into and take off. Both times the car they arrived in turned out to be stolen from a nearby mall.

Her454
    When I was selling my Banshee had some kids come look at it and I just had a bad feeling about it, they didnt have the money said they would think about it but kept checking out my garage and made comments about the boat etc.
    Next day, there was a theft down the street and a week later my neighbors quads.....a few of them were caught and we later found out that they were not interested in the quads themselves but were checking the areas out to come back and steal them. Thank God my 2 German Shepherds scared them from my place.
    If I have something to sell now, I take it elsewhere to sell it/show it as I dont want strangers at my house, dogs or not.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by Her454
    When I was selling my Banshee had some kids come look at it and I just had a bad feeling about it, they didnt have the money said they would think about it but kept checking out my garage and made comments about the boat etc.
    Next day, there was a theft down the street and a week later my neighbors quads.....a few of them were caught and we later found out that they were not interested in the quads themselves but were checking the areas out to come back and steal them. Thank God my 2 German Shepherds scared them from my place.
    If I have something to sell now, I take it elsewhere to sell it/show it as I dont want strangers at my house, dogs or not.
    the beauty of e bay, no scumbags and dipshits that want to talk about their junk all day.

Her454
    Quads are expensive to ship tho and the seller usually pays don't they? Im not an ebay junkie (Thats SuperDaves dept) so I'm not sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12