Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can my berk "E" pump be cut for a droop and wedge

Doug H.
    i thought iv'e seen or heard of this but am looking for someone to cut and install a droop and wedge into my "E" pump.
    would this benefit me in a 21' openbow jet.
    and at what price ?
    i want big rooster tails.

Moomawnster
    The J/E pump will accept a split bowl with no problem , The droop may or may not help but get a diverter first , THE single best improvement for a jet .........
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...C-019S-med.JPG

Duane HTP
    Here's the bowl you need to do it.
    http://www.hi-techperformance.com/Usedparts.HTM
    And most E-Series pumps work better with a SNOOT than they do with a droop. Duane

Doug H.
    Moomawnster, did someone cut that for you ? and who did it.
    i do have a hyd place.div.

Moomawnster
    Oh I get it now , you want to have your A bowl machined ..... I would recommend the used split bowl Duane is offering . Unless you know a fine machinist who is familiar with jet building It will be a disaster. I did this work myself , it is not too hard .
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/139Parts.jpg

pops1
    YOUR BOAT LOOKS LIKE A ULTRA 20.5 OPEN BOW WITH A "E " PUMP
    FYI-THAT WAS ONE OF OUR FIRST TEST BOATS-RAN 51.3 mph REBUILT PUMP, NEW BERK IMP. OUR FIRST TEST (RADAR)BAD INSERT DELTA PAD INSET 3/4" UP ON THE BOAT. CARTER REED BUIT IT WHEN HE WAS WITH ULTRA.
    ADDED 1 X 1 -NEW AGG "A"- 9 VANE, AND FILLED HOOKS IN THE BOTTOM- STOCK 454 MARINE POWER, RAN 64.7 WE DID PUT A DIVERTER ON IT AFTER AND RAN 65.6 (3.125 CHOKE) A DROOP(STD 7.5 UP DEGREES) 66.8 MPH- THAT WAS ALL THE TESTING WE GOT DONE ON IT WHEN THE MOTOR HOME IN STORAGE NEXT TO THE BOAT HAD A FIRE. WHEN THE FIRE DEPARTMENT GOT THERE BULLET'S IN THE MOTOR HOME STARTED TO GO OFF AND THEY ALL HEADED FOR A BLOCK WALL TO DUCK BEHIND- BOAT & MOTOR HOME BURNT TO THE GROUND. DAVE

Someone should mention that if you do that bowl conversion you will also need to redo your steering and reverse cable setup at the pump. You will no longer be able to use the configuration that is on there.
    The overall limiting factor in an "E" pump is the intake design. Changing the bowl would not change that. I believe that a droop would not be as effective on a boat that large, compared to smaller, lighter hulls.
    A more cost effective move would be to upgrade to a Place Diverter designed for the E pump bowl you have now, IMO

Duane HTP
    Someone should mention that if you do that bowl conversion you will also need to redo your steering and reverse cable setup at the pump. You will no longer be able to use the configuration that is on there.
    You can change the bowl and put a Berkeley or Aggressor nozzle housing on it, and the same parts will still work. I've done it many times. If you add a droop or a snoot, you will have to lengthen the steering a bit. Duane HTP

1tricky1
    Originally posted by REGISTERED USER
    [B]Someone should mention that if you do that bowl conversion you will also need to redo your steering and reverse cable setup at the pump. You will no longer be able to use the configuration that is on there.
    I agree with Duane - BAD INFO dude! Enough rope smokin for you...
    Here's my "e" pump converted to a split bowl with a Place Diverter, it's easily done.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...umprt1-med.jpg

Doug H.
    Thank you guys for all your help, pops1 you nailed my boat speed on the head and thanks for the info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast