Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dropped like a hot potato

DogHouse
    Here's a familiar story... Allstate just dropped my ass, say they don't insure "high performance" boats any more. So much for my "reasonably" priced $1100/yr policy. Time to bend over and get hosed I guess. Anybody wanna buy a Magic Cat? I might know of one for sale very soon, because I'm not gonna pay huge premiums just to drive this boat!

HammerDown
    Try Markell (sp).
    PS. after 20+ years with AllState(auto)...I just droped them. Ya should have herd my agent trying to suck up to me...lol
    Now with Travelers both Home+Auto...can you say $aved Big Time

24ROD
    Originally posted by DogHouse
    Here's a familiar story... Allstate just dropped my ass, say they don't insure "high performance" boats any more. So much for my "reasonably" priced $1100/yr policy. Time to bend over and get hosed I guess. Anybody wanna buy a Magic Cat? I might know of one for sale very soon, because I'm not gonna pay huge premiums just to drive this boat!

Brian shop around a little you should be able to get a better deal than that. Maybe not I forgot your rates go up when you install a 468" BBC.

bigq
    Maybe this is where you got the insurance you have, but kieth at Conquest says he gets people insured.
    Also try Colorado River insurance in Parker I think. They seemed to get a lower rate when I was pricing for a tunnel, still too much for me though. they are a broker.
    Good Luck

PerfectionDtail
    Call Devin at Farmers out of California. He does a lot of boats. He insured me on my Magic as well as a friend of mine with a 28' cat. His runs $1300/year for the 28 cat. I think he runs it through Markel. Devin's #714-263-2569

DogHouse
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. I'll be making some more phone calls tomorrow for sure!
    -brian

Kilrtoy
    when you say high performance what are you calling, the motor or just the boat as a hole. I have allstate and this from what i heard is becoming common place....

Jrocket
    Just remember this.If your boat burns to the ground or sinks and is totaled,your going to want to be reimbursed for all the nice stuff you have in it.The motor and what not.Now if thats not a big concern then yes you can find cheap insurance,but dont even come close to telling them what motor it has or that it will do over 60-65 mph.Remember this if you call Devin.I tried all the different ways to do it.I finally just faced the facts and pay the higher price,just so Im FULLY insured.I feel safe,outraged at the price but safe.
    Just something to think about for ya.

PerfectionDtail
    My friend nor I lied to Devin. He contact all the underwriters and got both of us covered. The 2003 28' cat with a 500EFI is about $1300/year, but I think he was the broker going through Markel. I am with Markel but Devin called out for multiple quotes.
    DO NOT LIE, it makes insurance a complete waste. If you lie, why have it at all.

mbrown2
    Like Jesse James says "pay up sucka"....
    I would check with Devin; he deals with both Ace and Markel....Going direct to Ace, saved me no money...Devin matched it...plus he covers all our other stuff.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast