Thread: **spam** carbed whipple

gmocnik
    floating a trial balloon to see if there is any interest....
    my motor is coming out for freshening and i am contemplating some upgrades to my setup. i may have a pretty complete whipple setup available in a couple of weeks..
    intercooled manifold for standard deck bbc
    2.3 whipple supercharger
    dominator carb
    pulleys/mounting brackets/etc.
    add your fuel delivery and cooling system and go.
    if you are interested in a bolt on system, pm me with your number and we can discuss the details.
    thanks

JLaughreySS24
    Do you have any pics of your set up for us to see? What cubic inch motor are you running with the 2.3 compressor?

gmocnik
    i will look thru my files for a pic of the setup...i just took the boat to gary teague today to pull the motor/etc...
    the motor is a 540 with dart pro1 alum heads all originally built by gt...current setup is good for about 750hp at 5 lbs of boost and with a 30p prop at 5500 rpm, my 25 daytona just brushed 100....
    silly to think that i need more but if you are considering a whipple, you know what i mean....
    if you have any questions...give me a call anytime
    gary

JLaughreySS24
    Sounds like a nice set up!! You must be movin on up to the quad whipple. I guess the 2.3 compressor does a pretty good job even on a 540. I have a 502 with a B&M 250 that I would like to switch over to a whipple someday. I was leaning towards the 3.3 whipple but dont know if thats over kill or not. Thanks for the info!!!

TIM BYRNE
    I AM BUILDING A 540 WITH DART HEADS OR MAYBE A 565..HOW HAVE YOU LIKED YOURS AND HOW MANY HOURS DO YOU HAVE ON THE MOTOR? I ALSO HAVE A M1 PRO CHARGER THAT I HAD ON MY 502 MAG THAT I HAVE NOT DECIDED TO PUT BACK ON YET...WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO ASK FOR YOUR WHIPPLE????????....I UNDERSTAND PROCHARGERS ARE BETTER FOR CARBS, WIPPLES BETTER FOR EFI MAYBE WE SHOULD TRADE?????????

502procharger
    that m1 is to small for the 565. i went throught the same thing on my 540. i had to step up to a m3 to get any real boost out of it.

gmocnik
    sold

Jrocket
    Uh ohhhhhhhhh!

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
    THANKS, I LIKE THOSE KIND OF HOT BOAT PICS TOO...BILL.