Thread: roller lifter mix up

victorfb
    i know on flat tappet cams you must either use the exact same lifter on each lobe or regrind, or best yet get new lifters. but what about with a hydrolic roller cam? i have a comp roller cam that the lifters got mixed up. it wasnt used much, just a few dyno pulls, but i have no idea if i can reuse them. any info would be appreciated. thanks..

Infomaniac
    go ahead and use them.

Liberator TJ1984
    I do believe you can mix them ? or at least what I have heard... wait on a few more replys though I 've been known to be wrong before
    SEE Info cleared that up qwick !!!

75spectra
    Yes your safe! Roller lifters have no sliding friction wear pattern that is cruical to match. You can mix them up or replace just one or two, dont matter. Jammed roller lifters get flat spots on thier rollers if you come across any roller with a small flat spot on the wheel... toss it!!

victorfb
    thanks for the info guys. ill take a close inspection of the rollers, but like i said, they were only run for a few dyno pulls so im betting they are still in great shape. but still better safe than sorry. thanks again...