Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Impeller Question

HBjet
    LV, to be honest, I wasn't even going to go the stainless route because of the money it would cost for a Legend Stainless completely detailed.... 1400-1500 bucks is about what it would cost. I was going to run a bronze (Heritage) for a little over a 1/3 less, but then I was informed about this Berkeley Stainless that was in perfect condition. This impeller is BP's backup impeller for his drag boat therefore it has all of the detail Jack puts into any impeller intended for a race application... I talked to Jack about this impeller verses my Legend B and he said I should see a slight RPM increase (50-100) For the price I couldn't pass up this deal. It should run good in my boat, but we'll see. As for it not being the "best" (Legend) that's ok for me since I needed a stainless for what I plan on doing in the future to increase my boats MPH.
    HBjet

LVjetboy
    Makes sense. From your dyno, those extra berk rpm's may gain a few extra hp's (6 hp?), but maybe not enough to see on the speedo as your hp curve is relatively flat from 5800 to 6200. (JPC says 150 rpms Legend B to Berkeley B) Considering the price of a new Legend SS, an existing MPD detailed Berk SS at a cut rate sounds like a good deal to me. I doubt you'll lose speed with the swap. And SS rules!
    jer

Blown 472
    Originally posted by HBjet
    that's ok for me since I needed a stainless for what I plan on doing in the future to increase my boats MPH.
    HBjet
    Care to share??

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by HBjet
    cost for a Legend Stainless completely detailed.... 1400-1500 bucks is about what it would cost. I was going to run a bronze (Heritage) for a little over a 1/3 less.
    As for it not being the "best" (Legend) that's ok for me since I needed a stainless for what I plan on doing in the future to increase my boats MPH.
    HBjet
    OUCH!! I'm surprised you realize what overpriced is and look to other alternatives. Must get a whole box of donuts with that purchase. Let me ask ya hb.... what do youthink for the extra $550 cost ($850box stock/$1500detailed) the gain is eh? Word has it those box stock bronze impellers run 8 seconds....1200hp maybe???
    So legend is the best eh?? How do you know this? Truth is you dont really HB.......i bet your man could sell you oceanfront property in arizona huh? Maybe we should make some sort of bet HB....not sure yet since you messed with my pics but maybe. You could try one of them there X impellers and compare it to your "detailed"( $500 option?) and see what the results are. Should be able to find one of those "brand X" impellers hangin around on a dartboard some where...maybe there one leveling the ol coffee machine. Just clear off the donut dust and give it a shot.....whadiathink??? Toddnjizz seems to be willing to help, maybe he can sniff one out for us instead of buffin his helmet.
    CHET
    P.S. i must say one thing though, jet parts are a helluva lot cheaper thank prop parts! No donut drama either.

Kiwi Legend Jetter
    There is a guy in Christchurch, New Zealand who has developed a 3 bladed impellor. The idea behind his design is to enable smaller HP engines (as low as 200HP) to spin a larger blade. I have not seen any results for myself but he thinks an "A minus" would suit my 230HP enigine. Over the summer (your winter) I'll hopefully get a chance to try one of his blades.

HBjet
    If someone wants to let me borrow an Aggressor impeller (Alum or Mag Bronz) I will try it, sure, I have no problems. I won't buy one just to make someone here shut up, but I will certainly try one out. Anyone?
    HBjet

HM
    Chet, you are best to stick to your expertise of putting handicap rails on boats. I didn't realize that those handles help the mentally handicapped....oh wait, now that I think of it, they have not helped you one bit.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ethull-med.jpg

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    good times........It's so nice to see the jet forum rapidly returning to what it once was.......thanks HBjet, welcome back amigo!
    Omega

Jake W
    I for one am glad to see some ZIP in a thread.It has been boring as hell in hear for a while.
    HBjet ask Jack if he has 5 blade Jasuckie imps laying around you can take a pic of.I think Jim on a nother board has one in his pump it was the same type deal prototype but some how ended up in his pump.MPD allso did the rebuild on this pump.
    It is sad when we have to call Chet out to have a little fun.
    Jake

BrendellaJet
    Originally posted by Jake W
    HBjet ask Jack if he has 5 blade Jasuckie imps laying around you can take a pic of.I think Jim on a nother board has one in his pump it was the same type deal prototype but some how ended up in his pump.MPD allso did the rebuild on this pump.
    Are you talking about Jim Lee? I think his is a 4 blade. Mines got a 5 blade in it...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast