Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Havasu Homeowners

Havasu Cig
    Just got a packet in the mail this morning about installing sewer in Havasu.
    It will be installed between July 04 and July 05. Cost will be 2k and can be payed in full, or financed over 10 years at 4% ($20.00 a month).
    Just an FYI.

Havasu_Dreamin
    That's good to know. We supposedly won't be getting the sewer installed for another 5-7 years. Hopefully the price to install stays constant, as it was advertised, but I suspect, as with all municipal projects, it will go up.

Havasu Cig
    5-7 years???? I guess the time schedule they gave us was just for our house.
    I am happy about it...I was planinng on building anothe garage at our house next to the current one, but the septic would have to be moved. Now I don't have to worry about it.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Originally posted by Havasu Cig
    5-7 years???? I guess the time schedule they gave us was just for our house.
    Yes, we're in the last zone, whatever number that is. Since we are at the top of McCulloch we get the sewer connection basically last. What bums me out is that we have the front yard landscaped and by that time it will be pretty mature and the septic tank is in the front yard right undeneath all of the landscaping.

Essex502
    Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
    Yes, we're in the last zone, whatever number that is. Since we are at the top of McCulloch we get the sewer connection basically last. What bums me out is that we have the front yard landscaped and by that time it will be pretty mature and the septic tank is in the front yard right undeneath all of the landscaping.
    Don't they just cap off the tank? Are they planning on ripping the tank out of the ground? Hell, all that's in there is high grade fertilizer anyway!
    Yeah, I heard we're quite a ways away as well.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Originally posted by Essex502
    Don't they just cap off the tank? Are they planning on ripping the tank out of the ground?
    I'm not actually sure what they are going to do. The main line from the hosue runs out to the tank so even if all they did was cap the tank off I would suspect that they need to get down to the tank so that they could then route the line from the main line from the hosue to the sewer line in the street.

Essex502
    Maybe when the date gets nearer...we'll be upgrading and have a different place out there!

cola
    They will pump the tank & fill it with sand. But they will still have to get to the lids & extend the pipe to the street. Won't be to bad.
    Later, Mike

Essex502
    Originally posted by cola
    They will pump the tank & fill it with sand. But they will still have to get to the lids & extend the pipe to the street. Won't be to bad.
    Later, Mike
    Still sounds like the landscape will be torn up to some extent.

cola
    It's only gravel. j/k
    late,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast