Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Havasu Homeowners

TCHB
    Does anyone have a map and time line>

Sun burners
    Originally posted by Ziggy
    Supposedly I'm in the 5-7 year range too, way up in the city on Kiowa.
    I am a bout 2 weeks later!

BoatPI
    City installed mine a few months ago.
    1. Street was torn up for four months. Aparently the city decided to switch a contractor mid-stream. Nice. No updates, NO calls, no positive response. My pool woud fill up with dist every two hours. Just a disaster.
    2. I argued in vain to have my SH&T flow downhill. I am on a 1/2 acre tier style lot. Three elevations to deal with. Tank was at the bottom lot. They would not do it. Contractors must have spent $20,000. Total of 175 feet on high pressure sewer line, electrial lines (220 volt) SH*T pump, cement fill, ,whew I am out of breath. You get the picture.
    3. I have to pay for the electrical juice to pump my SH*T uphill.
    4. Five year warranty on pump, then I own it. If it fails, I am SH*T out of luck.
    Best part, it's over.
    I STRONGLY suggest that when the contractor (nice work crews) trench up to the street, everyone consider laying in another water line to hook up to landscaping. Remember all water billed has a sewer surcharge every month. A seperate meter will be needed. My neighbor had their grass removed to eleminated water usage. Color Arts Landscaping is the contractor that replaces you damaged lancaping. They did a great job of that. Extra work at a fair price too.

2LKHVSU
    try this link, it shows the whole plan.
    http://www.ci.lake-havasu-city.az.us...ernet_gis.html

Essex502
    Not having a map here with me at the office I can't find my street on that link. But .... it looks like I'm in the 2004-2005 timeframe. Sux.

phebus
    It looks like my house is in the non-colored in area. I wonder what schedule that puts me on?

Essex502
    Just compared the sewer map to an actual map with street names....look's like we're in the "white" section with no planned date.

Mr.Havasu
    when they voted on it 2 years ago we were told we would be in the last 5 year phase ( 10 to 15 years out). We got the same envelope last week saying 7/04 to 7/05.
    We didn't think we would have to worry about it for at least 10 years. Oh well.
    We have a friend who lives on the golf course. They have a pool and have been on sewer for the whole time they have been in the house and his sewer fee runs a little over 100 a month. It is based on your winter time usage or it would be much worst.
    On a positive note we are planning to add another garage with a little Apt. for my parents and would have to install another septic or upgrade our current one to a larger capacity. Now all we will have to do is coordinate the construction with the sewer hook up.

RiverRatMike
    Originally posted by warlock25
    when they voted on it 2 years ago we were told we would be in the last 5 year phase ( 10 to 15 years out). We got the same envelope last week saying 7/04 to 7/05.
    We didn't think we would have to worry about it for at least 10 years. Oh well.
    We have a friend who lives on the golf course. They have a pool and have been on sewer for the whole time they have been in the house and his sewer fee runs a little over 100 a month. It is based on your winter time usage or it would be much worst.
    On a positive note we are planning to add another garage with a little Apt. for my parents and would have to install another septic or upgrade our current one to a larger capacity. Now all we will have to do is coordinate the construction with the sewer hook up.
    Warlock25 so you got something in the mail about this sewer thing? I never did.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123