Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Can a prop give bow lift???

Infomaniac
    mike37:
    steve@kps
    Id like to know what prop works best on your HTM
    like to know the best one for my boat
    how is it going are you close to finishing it Any beach resistant prop will work.

mike37
    Infomaniac:
    mike37:
    steve@kps
    Id like to know what prop works best on your HTM
    like to know the best one for my boat
    how is it going are you close to finishing it Any beach resistant prop will work. probly need tree resistant bow with one of those props

steve@kps
    Hey, Mike37.
    HTM is still jacking around, i haven't recieved any parts yet. Lia e-mailed the other day saying they are waiting for the attorney's...... some day i'll get to take it to the lake.
    I've made many calculations and talked to Powertech (our prop mfg.). We are going to start w/ a stock 28p 4 bl. OFX. this is a 15.25 diameter w/ 23deg. of rake and an exteme amount of tip cup! estimations show at 5600rpms and 90% effecient we'll be at 89mph. that's w/ a 1.50 gear ratio. After we feel confident w/ the boat, i'm sure i can do some tweeking and sharpening on the blades and bring down the slip percentage around 5-7%. this hull should be a very effecient hull.. Our horsepower is figured at 510hp. It's 454 w/ a b&m 250 megablower (no internal specs avail.)
    My experiences are that with these heavy boats a 4blade prop will be more effecient than the 3blades and will handle much better. Remember, i'm trying to lift the stern, not the bow. the 4 blade will help me do that.

SchellSchock
    What steve@kps said.....
    Not I've made many calculations and talked to Powertech (our prop mfg.). ... But... Hey, where'd i set my BEER? LMAO

mike37
    SchellSchock:
    What steve@kps said.....
    Not I've made many calculations and talked to Powertech (our prop mfg.). ... But... Hey, where'd i set my BEER? LMAO so SchellSchock
    give me you .02 on the best prop

gnarley
    Hey everyone I was just curious if any of you had any numbers to contribute here about prop slip, HP, weight & MPH?
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/ultimate...c;f=6;t=000309

SchellSchock
    Mike37.
    All humor aside my suggestion would be to take advice offered from this thread and bounce that against advice from a prop manfacture or a prop re-builder. I use The Propeller Shop and Pacific Marine Propellers here in San Diego and they have never steered me wrong.

gnarley
    Don't want advice, I want real numbers from real people who know what their real HP, weight, MPH & prop slip are with a given combo to see what the different combinations yield, which might produce a realistic assessment of what is happening & what someone could expect to see with varying degrees of the combinations.

tbisme
    I don't know if this will help but if you know tru-info about your combo, you can use this for a starting point then try to get a prop shop to tweek it out for you. It's pretty good for playing around w/ theroy.
    speed calculator

gnarley
    Thanks for the suggestion, I know about mine & am about to switch props based on info from my baseline. I am just really curious about what others with I/O's get for MPH from their hull, drive, blade, RPM & HP. The more info I have the better I can make changes in the future based on shared data that I am happy to put in as well.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456