Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G.T. Performance

SK48
    I hope this does not sound to much like a TP Casonova post.
    Several months ago I was fortunate to acquire a 21' Hallett Vector V-drive full ski race boat. I have had several v-drive fast boats, but never one that was professionally rigged like this. Rex, and Billy B know the boat well, as it was Wally Clearman's twin turbo GT boat that has won many ski races. The boat had been sitting for a few years, and the Gary Teague/ Richard Lee electronic fuel injected motor is much more complicated than the engines that I have previously owned.
    I removed the motor and the 57 stainless hoses and numerous wires. [I took lots of Pictures thank goodness] I stepped up to the plate and had the motor checked out at Gary Teague's, new gaskets, valve job, springs, intercooler cores, etc. etc. etc. , Dyno tuned and so on.
    Well you get what you pay for, as after several hours (a whole lot of ) putting motor back in everything runs GREAT and I could not be happier. I don't have a clue how fast it goes, but It pulls a 54 gear at 5700 plus r.p.m. s with a 16 pitch prop.
    I have a small business , and I know how hard it is to satisfy all the coustmers all the time. I was treated very well, and charged a fair price for the work that was completed.
    I know that I make excuses to coustmers all the time, but I was not in need of the motor, and they really helped me out. It was expensive, but you get what you pay for.
    I know that most of the people on the V-drive forum build their own stuff (like I have always done) but if you ever need help don't hesitate to call G.T. Performance. Phil, Joe, Diana,and Gary were very helpful.
    As you can tell I am a satisfied customer. I just hope this continues to be a good year, as I want to pull a young ski racer this season...

burtandnancy
    Well, don't get scared, and don't even try to find out how fast it goes, but your calc's say this: 5700 X 16 X 1.54 X .00094697 = 132.99 MPH minus slip factor (which is going to be a little high). I know your boat and its an awsome piece. It may be unlikely that you could pull 5700 with that much gear, but never the less, its way too fast. Be careful and have fun...

SK48
    Burt I'm beyond amazzed, but it runs really well. I have a Biesemeyer with a Tony Ervolina 540" motor that runs 125 m.p.h. plus and the Hallett keeps pulling. I love the new Vector, but it over whelms me how fast it runs... If you ever come to Parker look me up as I know you would enjoy taking it for a spin.

SLICK NICKLE
    Sk48
    Is the biesemyer you own an old race boat? If it didn't you should bring it out and run it. It sounds like it would be real competitive in the super stock class.

BILLY.B
    Originally posted by SK48
    Burt I'm beyond amazzed, but it runs really well. I have a Biesemeyer with a Tony Ervolina 540" motor that runs 125 m.p.h. plus and the Hallett keeps pulling. I love the new Vector, but it over whelms me how fast it runs... If you ever come to Parker look me up as I know you would enjoy taking it for a spin. I'm glad to see you still own the Biesemeyer, I had heard that you sold it. Sounds like the Vector is running very well. can we say GN CONTENDER!!!!! . If not I say you change headers on the Biesemeyer and go for the Pro Stock kilo record .

superdave013
    Originally posted by BILLY.B
    I'm glad to see you still own the Biesemeyer, I had heard that you sold it. Sounds like the Vector is running very well. can we say GN CONTENDER!!!!! . If not I say you change headers on the Biesemeyer and go for the Pro Stock kilo record .
    GN's have banned turbos. Yup, that happened right after I bought mine prolly a good thing for me though.
    I got to check out SK's vector once. One of the nicest boats I've ever seen.
    It would be nice if you posted some tasty pics of all the rigging for us mear mortals to enjoy.

76BARRON
    I must second that opinion about G.T. PERFORMANCE as
    phil and cary have always made me feel welcome. even if i am one of those V-DRIVE guys they have some nice (used) parts in back, close to swap meet prices!! BTW check out phils jeep !
    nice toy!

Done Flippin
    Originally posted by SK48
    Burt I'm beyond amazzed, but it runs really well. I have a Biesemeyer with a Tony Ervolina 540" motor that runs 125 m.p.h. plus and the Hallett keeps pulling. I love the new Vector, but it over whelms me how fast it runs... If you ever come to Parker look me up as I know you would enjoy taking it for a spin.
    It's to bad Ive been off playing other places , I was hoping to go run the deal with you. Glad to hear its done and in the water. Who knows may be you will get sick of the deal after next season and want to trade for a family v drive. Hope to drive it soon it looks like a Fing blast. You know those mufflers work great on that thing.:wink: :wink: :wink:

jackpunx
    I’m not a V Drive guy.. but I also had a great experience with GT.. I recommend everyone to them.. And so far they have taken as good care of them as they did me

Bense468
    Get some pics up here of that thing. I am jumping up and down waiting for pictures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast