Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Deck Boat

LAVEYSABRE575
    i heard the first one sank right next to the windsor launch ramp i dont know if its true or not i heard half of the transom blew out and they lost an engine anybody know if its fact or fiction...

Keith E. Sayre
    That's partly correct. I suppose we should call Advantage to get
    the details but I was told that the first one was built "very light"
    for weight reasons so that the tests would show it being very
    fast. Obviously then people would buy them. I happened to be
    at the lake the first time that it ran and it was impressive. It
    ran hard. The next morning, they ran it again and I heard numbers like 120 or 125 mph??
    They got a bit of a crack in the bottom and weren't sure if they'd
    make it to the ramp or not so they pu it in the channel so that it
    wouldn't be too deep. They had it back on the trailer in a matter of hours and then engines went to Teague. 2 days later, the boat was repaired with some help in he engines from Teague and I heard they cracked it again at the Advantage regatta. Now they use it for a display. I think that was their intention the
    entire time. They build good boats, this one was just a bit light.
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats

LAVEYSABRE575
    could you imagine if that happened to an HTM, there would be multiple threads on it, the HTM bashers would be in high gear. Its to bad people see things that way...derek

BADBLOWN572
    Originally posted by LAVEYSABRE575
    could you imagine if that happened to an HTM, there would be multiple threads on it, the HTM bashers would be in high gear. Its to bad people see things that way...derek
    Everyone is entitled to make a mistake occasionally, HTM didn't make mistakes, they knew what they were doing and therefore it wasn't a mistake it was stupid!

LAVEYSABRE575
    Im not saying HTM made a mistake or not thats up for debate .Thats why theres a court system. But to say everyones entitled to make a mistake and not include htm,s accident has a mistake would be wrong.Example the advantage transom blows out doing 120 people get hurt or worse they knew the boat was laid up light i guess they are stupid too...derek

Tom Slick
    LAVEYSABRE575,
    I couldn't agree with you more. For what ever his reasons, Blown572 seems to have a major hard on for the whole HTM deal.

Kilrtoy
    I think alot of people build light boats to get good numbers....

LAVEYSABRE575
    slick, my guess is he works for another boat mfg..

bigq
    Originally posted by LAVEYSABRE575
    Im not saying HTM made a mistake or not thats up for debate .Thats why theres a court system. But to say everyones entitled to make a mistake and not include htm,s accident has a mistake would be wrong.Example the advantage transom blows out doing 120 people get hurt or worse they knew the boat was laid up light i guess they are stupid too...derek
    I think blown meant the way they were testing was stupid not what actually happen. A debate would be if the HTM had a design flaw not a mistake of a weak build. Advantage knew they had a weak build and hopefully took precautions for that design, which it sounds like they did since they caught it in time. Maybe HTM did to , but didn't catch it in time.

LAVEYSABRE575
    Big, i agree with what your saying 100 % but on the same token, theres people on these boards making comments about HTM and stateing them as fact without using words like maybe, i think or possible design flaw all of those open up room for constructive debate my beef is with people making comments about HTM and has never owned one or even driven in one because if they did alot of these comments wouldnt exist. I guess what im trying to say is some people should voice there opinion has an opinion not fact,these boards seem to travel a long ways. Ive owned an HTM and i believe it is one of the best handling boats ive ever driven or been in at any speed period...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast