Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tower/stereo/lighting help

Havasu Hangin'
    I don't know why you guys complain about Fosgate amps so much. I mean, how many amps can pump out the music and cook you burgers at the same time?
    It's called "dual purpose"...

riverbound
    We use the RF power series amps and they do get hot, but they work better than most amps we have also used the phoenix gold amps (but they are very pricey)

NashvilleBound
    So, It looks like ROZ will get a free pool deck out of this I wrote to John West but he hasn't written back with the tower maker and info. Soon as that gets dialed in, the stereos next.
    We still have 3 months till full time boating season anyways......
    And thanks to everyone for all the info!

77charger
    I have an X TANT x604 amp and it seems to work very good for my application.Got the hook up from roz told him what i wanted out of a stereo system and a price i could affford to pay.
    Sony 630 head unit(neighbor)
    6 disc changer(neighbor)
    from roz
    xtant amp
    kicker sub
    4 boston 6x9s
    all wiring and fuses i think i spent about 1100 total

riverbound
    77, you said $1100 ? that seems awfully high for a 4 channel amp four speakers decka nd changer, was it installed?

77charger
    Originally posted by riverbound
    77, you said $1100 ? that seems awfully high for a 4 channel amp four speakers decka nd changer, was it installed? Ok try this get a price on a sony cd630 head unit-279.00
    xtxnt x604-retail for about 900.00
    kicker sub L5 w/box-i think 280?
    cd changer goes for about 200
    4 boston acoustics go for around 140 a pair
    misc wiring rca cables,4 gage amp wire fuses.etc
    adds up to near 1700 plus misc stuff i think i totaled about 2300 in retail pricing but paid around 1100.This wasnt your average amp either its only a 600 but i would put it up against any fosgate,sony 1000 watter easily.It can run easily below 1 ohm without overheating
    i did the install myself took me all day but the sound is very good I could have gone with a fosgate,sony xplode amps and speakers for half the cost but it would have sounded half as good also.I had a limit of about 1200 to spend and got very good deals thru roz and all has a warranty too

NashvilleBound
    Originally posted by 77charger
    Ok try this get a price on a sony cd630 head unit-279.00
    xtxnt x604-retail for about 900.00
    kicker sub L5 w/box-i think 280?
    cd changer goes for about 200
    4 boston acoustics go for around 140 a pair
    misc wiring rca cables,4 gage amp wire fuses.etc
    adds up to near 1700 plus misc stuff i think i totaled about 2300 in retail pricing but paid around 1100.This wasnt your average amp either its only a 600 but i would put it up against any fosgate,sony 1000 watter easily.It can run easily below 1 ohm without overheating
    i did the install myself took me all day but the sound is very good I could have gone with a fosgate,sony xplode amps and speakers for half the cost but it would have sounded half as good also.I had a limit of about 1200 to spend and got very good deals thru roz and all has a warranty too
    Roz has the hookup for sure! Sounds to me you got a good deal on your stuff too...

NashvilleBound
    Hey Rio, Thanks for the offer. I was waiting for John to get me in the door . He's just probably on one of his round-the-world vacations. I'll try him again this week then move on. Ski season will be here before we know it...thankfully!
    NB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12