Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stereo Stolen...New Year Nightmare

WHIPPED502
    Ever enter your secure, alarmed, gated, passcode protected storage to find your entire stereo system yanked from your boat?
    I did. My girlfriend and I entered Desert Harbor storage to pull my boat from the unit to tie up pre summer details to find that although the lock was intact to the door, when opened the cover was off, the hatch in up position, the bimini and seat cusion sitting on the bow. At first I thought It was my idiot mechanic that left it that way trying to finish up the last part of my new engine project (that was supposted to be completed last april). But then realized by looking over the empty holes and debris left over from where my stereo used to be in my boat, I had been ripped off.
    The last time I had been in my storage was in October, the only other person that has access and has been seen on video in the storage, is my mechanic. At this time, I am not saying it is him until the police have finished their investigation. The PD may have one other thought as to how this may have happened.
    I must say, I have to give props to Havasu PD for responding so quickly and doing a thorough investigation of the scene. They took evidence and pictures. My experience with some local So. Cal PD has been that they only take a phone report without coming out.
    As soon as the PD investigation is over, I will place a new thread giving the name of the company that has $15,000 of my money for an engine that still doesn't run,after being told it would be done in April. That lies to his customers telling them he has been working on their boat and that the boat is ready only to have taken the family and driving to Lake Havasu and the boat still isn't done,as was the case when I went out yesterday.

JetBoatRich
    That sucks, sounds like a jerk.

Kilrtoy
    That sucks,
    sorry to hear that..........

mbrown2
    Thats dreadful...hope HPD can find out who it is and prosecute them to the fullest....hopefully they still have video of the area for all the days since you last seen it..

Kachina26
    I store out in Havasu as well, I won't say where. But the locks are provided by the company, can't use your own. I forgot which unit was mine one night and my key opened the unit next to mine. I could have taken whatever and probably not been caught. I guess what I'm saying is don't be too quick to blame anyone just yet. Btw just out of curiosity I checked another lock and with a little wiggling it opened too.

GlastronGuy
    Hope the police catch whoever it is.

WHIPPED502
    Just an update on my post. After getting some more info from PD and the manager of the storage facility it appears someone had been living in the unit behind mine . He had been arrested for breaking into an unlocked unit at the storage facility. At this time he is out on bail. He was evicted from the unit on Dec.12. This was the last time he had access to my unit. It appears he took out the screws that held the metal panels between the units and had a field day with my boat. He put the panels back with all the screws. It's amazing the effort a thief will make. If they would put this much effort into going straight they would probably do well in life. Just a side note. Apparently this is the son of a Mojave County Sherriff. Oh ya this means when my mechanic went into my unit on Dec. 18, he noticed all this and didn't even bother to notify me. What do you have to say to this Jeff?

JetBoatRich
    Sounds like a great mechanic :yuk: :yuk:

svlperry
    how come the storage didn't know that guy was living in there and handle it sooner i would talk to the storage place about replacing your stereo and i would fire that mechanic for not letting u know what was going on there he should have notice something was going on

clownpuncher
    That sucks hard
    Git a rope

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast