Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I NEED YOUR OPINION (very long post)

rude235
    i purchased a 2001 eliminator 25 daytona in sept of '02._ i was told the boat had never been sold, registered, titled etc etc which was true._ i was also told the boat was a "repo" from a dealer out of florida that had gone "belly up"._ which was also true._ the dealership i purchased the boat from, anderson performance in fon du lac wisconsin, told me the boat had "about 20-30" hours on it._ when the boat showed up at my door in vegas the hour meter showed 2.5 hours on it._ i had the boat serviced at dunsmore marine shortly after i took delivery of the boat and was told the computer showed 51 hours!!!!_ apperently the hour meter had been changed._ i called eliminator about the problem and spoke with an individual (who incidently told me not to use his name in reference to this) who told me anderson should provide a partial refund of the purchase price of the boat due to not telling me of the correct hours._ when i confronted bob anderson about the problem he told me there was nothing he could do and was unaware of the hour meter being changed._ i left the_ subject alone and chalked it up to a lesson learned._ recently i had the boat serviced at eliminator in havasu attempting to get a few things fixed before the boat was no longer under warranty (since it was sold to me as a "new" boat)._ i had several gouges in the sponsons fixed at my expense (which the boat had from the day it was delivered) and had them fix a fuel sending unit, and the drivers seat which had come loose from it's mounting bracket._ upon returning to eliminator to pick up the daytona, i get the bill and see that i was charged for all of the above mentioned items._ i had the boat in for the same fuel sending unit problem a number of months ago and they couldnot find the problem, so the sending unit was not replaced at that time._ i was told the sending unit could not be warrantied because it was not a part eliminator uses in their boats._ according to eliminator it had been replaced by someone else and used less than acceptable parts._ i was charged for this repair._ as for my drivers seat, it was COMPLETELY ROTTEN!!!_ eliminator was contacted the following business day._ after several calls to them, i was put in contact with someone in management, he told me that the dealership the boat was originally sent to was indeed in florida and had gone bankrupt._ he went on to say that the owner of the dealership was in prison._ i believe the dealership name was international yaht sales._ eliminator produced 3 boats for this dealership._ a 30ft eagle, a 26 daytona and a 25 daytona (the same boat that i later purchased)._ foley went on to tell me that it's a written agreement between eliminator, the dealership, and the bank that finances the flooring of the boats that eliminator will ultimately take the boats back should the dealership go bankrupt._ foley said eliminator had send a rep to florida to make arrangements to ship the boats back to mira loma, ca._ he told me the boats "were trashed" and eliminator said it was a breech of contract and the boats were NOT in new condition and refused to take them back._ apparently the 30ft eagle had been raced and had major damage, the 26ft daytona had a "print through" from very large decals that had placed on the boat and if you can believe it, foley couldn't remember the extent of the damage to my boat._ they refused to take ALL 3 BOATS._ that's where bob anderson comes in._ he buys all 3 boats at an auction, evidently makes the necessary repairs to each boat and sells them as "NEW BOATS"._ i was never told of ANY damage to my boat, that it was bought at an auction or that it was damaged too bad for eliminator to consider reselling them as new boats._ foley said bob anderson was ultimately responsible to correct the situation._ anderson was contacted in reference to this._ his response was, "how do i know the damage was not done after delivery"._
    my concern with my boat is, how much of my interior is rotten, how extensive was the damage, why did the computer show about 50 more hours on the motor than the hour meter? it seems to me that i should have been told my boat was purchased at auction and had certain repairs done to it. if eliminator was not willing to sell it as a new boat, why was another dealer allowed to do so??????? any thoughts on this situation would be greatly appreciated.
    sorry for the SUPER LONG post. if you would rather send me an email, you can do so at jdirig4703@aol.com.
    thanx again.

Kilrtoy
    Sounds like you were scammed.
    Contact the BBB.
    But its not much help to you.......
    Contact the local news they love exposing people like that.....

eddie
    We had a few people with issues with Eliminator and they have always resolved them. They even took a boat back from Nebraska and made the repairs, upgrades sent the boat back free of charge. From what I've seen they stand behind their product.
    You should of been told that the boat was not "new" upfront by Anderson and your beef is with him. Hard to say with just hearing your "side" of the story if you know what I mean. Good luck, keep us updated on how it turns out.

rude235
    the BBB is a good idea, i hadn't thought of them. eddie, i understand the "my side" statement. there is always two sides to every story. i'm just exremely concerned about what has been done to the boat that i thought was "brand new". if i would have know it's history, i would not have purchased it. thanx for the input and i'll definitely keep you posted.

Bow Tie Omega
    While there is not a lemon law of sorts in many states for boating craft, I have been told that there has been presidence set for boat owners following the same guidlines as used with Auto lemons in many states. I just went through this with Malcolm Smith Motorsports, Yamaha and our Wave Runner, which they are now fixing to my standards. Anyways, you may want to contact an Attorney and start researching boat lemon laws for your state or the state of Florida on line. WHile you may not get your money back, you may get a judgement against the company/person selling you the boat, making life a little more difficult for him and making him think twice before he scams the next innocent buyer. Have you contacted your loan company yet and let them know what kind of boat they share ownership on. They too may have some pointers on how to proceed here, heck, they may even wnat to help you with this, being they have a vested interest in this craft. Good Luck...Joe

Kilrtoy
    I think there are alot of shady dealers / manufactures.
    My buddy almost boat this boat from a manufacture who told him it had 10 hours and was a demo boat, BUT BRAND NEW.
    Right before he was going to buy it he called me and asked to check it out. SO I made the drive all the way to the armpit of the boating community. I instantly noticed a water line on the boat, On the inside. I tore the boat apart and crawled throught it. Everything was rusted. I could go on and on, but long story short. I asked if the boat had ever sank and the Manufacture said no.
    I feel sorry for the dumb ass that boat that piece of shit.
    No I will not mention who they are......

Havasu Hangin'
    Which part was rotten on the seat?

rude235
    kilrtoy, why won't you mention the manufacturer??? why are these guys allowed to get away with this shit???!!!!! we spend a ton of money on our toys and shouldn't have to worry about buying a boat that's been sunk, wrecked or anything else. if you're buying a boat from an individual you're buying something "as is". when you buy something "new" from a dealer, this kind of garbage shouldn't even be in the back of someone's mind. i feel for the guy that bought the boat you were referring too, and it looks like i'm just as much of an idiot for buying my boat.
    HH, the entire frame was rotten. bad enough that you could poke your finger through it. i kept the seat frame just in case i should need it.

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by rude235
    HH, the entire frame was rotten. bad enough that you could poke your finger through it. i kept the seat frame just in case i should need it.
    That's not good. Did you check the rest of the wood? Was there any water damage inside (from rain, etc.)?

OutCole'd
    Are there forums like this that may apply more to the area that the dealer is in? Making his potential customers aware of his business practices may help future people to avoid this POS. It also may put some heat on him to work with you a little more.
    Have you gotten an estimate of what it is going to take to rebuild your interior?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast