Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How far would you

Her454
    be willing to drive for a day trip? I think I could be persuaded to bring the barrels and cook some MotherLodeTri Tip and maybe persuade Hud to cause some Central Calif smoke......
    Originally posted by Sangerboy
    Sorry guys, it kind of came together about 10:00 Sat Nite. It's an extension of our periodic Sunday morning IHOP conferences (which BTW we're willing to travel a little for if someone wants to call one at a location more central for people) I promise we'll do better next time:frown:
    Originally posted by Her454
    Just out of curiosity, where would be considered Central? That would be fun to have an outing.............
    Originally posted by Sangerboy
    Well Traci, only being able to speak for myself (and sometimes having difficulty even with that ) For breakfast only I think I would limit my drive to about an hour at the most- definately limiting it to Socal. Now if, say, a location could be found to run the boat and make it a day I'd drive 3+ hrs or so for a day of V-drive bonding after breakfast . Let's let others weigh in here and see who has what to say. Start a new thread if needed,Greg

I used to drive to Tahoe approx 9 hours to ski and drive home. Stupid? 18 hours driving for about 9 skiing. I never claimed to be the sharpest pencil in the box.
    Now I limit it to Mammoth, only 5 hours.
    oh, you were talking about boats.

SANGER-RICH
    Originally posted by Her454
    be willing to drive for a day trip? I think I could be persuaded to bring the barrels and cook some MotherLodeTri Tip and maybe persuade Hud to cause some Central Calif smoke......
    Where do you consider central cal, Ill go 1.5 hrs from Am Cyn, as far as modesto, CFW, or Berryessa

Her454
    Yes Mike, I was referring to boats..... as it takes an act of God just to get me to the snow much less drive more than an hour for it - and when I do go, you'll find me in the nearest lodge by the fire drinkin a cold one.
    Her454 < -------------------- Cringes at the thought of snow.

Her454
    Originally posted by SANGER-RICH
    Where do you consider central cal, Ill go 1.5 hrs from Am Cyn, as far as modesto, CFW, or Berryessa
    Well that was the question...not sure where Central would be. Im not too familiar with the boating in that direction. The only thing I have even considered was the River...I think maybe the Kings River? You pass it on the way to Bakersfield on 99 and there is a little beach area and bar and campground. On Friday nights the place is hoppin and on certain weekends I've seen alot of flats anchored out there. Dont know any specifics, or if that would be too far for the So Cal people. Any suggestions?

BGMAN203
    Iam ok with a day trip, no further north than bako....maybe like 30-40 min north of there but thats it. I heard over the summer that the kings river was really cracking down on noise, and as we all know alot of us don't like to use mufflers, let alone water injection. Maybe someone that has been latley can shed some light on the kings river.

coolchange
    I've done day trips to the river(Parker) 280 miles one way.
    If your talkin Kings river now, I think its M T.

Her454
    M T ?

BGMAN203
    I think it means "My Territory"

Boatmike
    I am vary close to the Kings River area about 20 mi. away i might be able to get the 411 on the noise thing and any other restrictions if any. Real nice place to hang out and nice sandy beaches. I'll get back to you all.
    Boatmike,

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast