Originally posted by SchellSchock
Heard about some guy sueing a cable company for him his wife and his kids getting fat do to the cable company not turning off his cable as he requested and they all became couch potatoes.
Best part he is requesting $5,000.00 in damages AND cable Internet for life.
To quote my favorite cartoon character.......
"WHAT A MAROON.........."
I heard about that and I couldnt f'ng believe it.
" I SUED WALMART in 1994 and lost. They did everything possible to make it look like I was negligent in their store and wanted to put my then 7 year old on the stand - it was horrible. At Christmas time I was walking through the vacuum cleaner aisle to get some vacuum cleaner bags and somone on the other side had climbed up to get something off the shelf and knocked one of the boxes that were stacked way up high off....and it hit me in the head and neck...almost knocked me out. They took pictures in the store and took me up front and took a report etc. The only witness was my daughter and another 2 ladies that only spoke spanish and apparently were illegal and didnt want to get involved. A friend of mine was in the other aisle and saw the person climbing up to make the box fall but didnt actually see anything hit me..it was a nightmare and a crock of shit. Cant believe how these people can get away with this when someone that actually gets hurt cant get compensated. I've never sued anyone in my life and the only reason I even went after Wal Mart was because when I went back to get the report the next day, they wouldnt give it to me, said I had to go through the corporate office etc and gave me the major run around. Anyway, there was a segment on 60 minutes about a year later that investigated WalMart for all the "accidents" in their stores and how they need to stack things differently as it was unsafe and they complied. Wow, that was long winded, sorry.