Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Box Anchor

Rod-64
    My price included the 100' line.
    Sold seprateley

AquaBoogie
    I called them Mon. and they said they will have a few booths set up at the boat show.
    I also ordered the Anchor Buddy (elastic rope) to use with the box anchor. They should work together like a charm.

1stepcloser
    Originally posted by dimarcobros
    How much do they normally go for?
    The small retails for $119.95
    Large retails for $149.95
    X-Large retails for $219.95
    They were selling the small ones at the boat show last year for $100.00
    The large for $125.00

phebus
    Usually at the boat shows, they have a package deal with the sand spike dealio. The Anchor Buddy (stretchy anchor line) is also real nice because it takes the shock of the wind gusts, and doesn't transfer it to your anchor. Just be carefull with the Anchor Buddy if you are using it while anchored near other boats. Unless they are using one also, it allows your boat to swing, while as long as there anchor holds, they are stationary, and you might bump.

mtndewdrops
    I would not recommend the Slide Anchor Sand Spike...Mine broke the second time I used it. The washer on the bottom broke off at the weld when I was pounding it back out.. Ziggy bought a bitchin one that is stainless steel, I think it was probably worth the extra $$$.

El Chingon
    Originally posted by mtndewdrops
    I would not recommend the Slide Anchor Sand Spike...Mine broke the second time I used it.
    I used mine all last year with no problems on a 29' Magic.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by El Chingon
    I used mine all last year with no problems on a 29' Magic.
    I've had mine for 3 years, no complaints either.....

Faster Daddy
    I would not recommend the Slide Anchor Sand Spike...Mine broke the second time I used it. The washer on the bottom broke off at the weld when I was pounding it back out..
    WTF are you like the hulk? Hope I never piss you off. I love my slide and box anchor, makes for a hassel free weekend. You got to be a real string sumofabitch to break one I think.

WILD LAVEY
    I would not recommend the Slide Anchor Sand Spike...Mine broke the second time I used it. The washer on the bottom broke off at the weld when I was pounding it back out.. Ziggy bought a bitchin one that is stainless steel, I think it was probably worth the extra $$$.
    this is the first time ive heard anyone complain about the box anchor. my only bitch is, it works to well.

rivercrazy
    I've had two different sized sand spikes for many years. They are both still like new. No problems with any of them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast