Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Boat magazine's review of the Lavey 2750

Kilrtoy
    Good company,
    WAY TOO MUCH $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for a 27' boat

MagicMtnDan
    The recent (same?) issue of Hot Boat had great things to say about their 29 Magnatude with a blown motor in it. I recall there was a correction to the article posted here by management and it said (I think) that the boat did 88MPH on GPS.
    In any case, that article had nothing but very positive comments about the boat, its handling and acceleration. It all sounded great and certainly would be one I'd consider if I had the 100-plus large it takes to buy one.
    By the way, I believe that boat is (or was) Shockwave BD's (Barry's) boat. Him and his red and yellow flamed boats...

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by boatnam2
    i do!
    The White Devil speaks...

the test were done in havasu and i know for a fact the devil dont like to dance there!

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by boatnam2
    the test were done in havasu and i know for a fact the devil dont like to dance there!
    ...they don't call it a demonstration ride for nothing!

BoatFloating
    Here is a couple qoutes from the write up.
    And here is where things got sticky with the 2750 NuEra and the set up. Once we passed into the territory where the Lavey was born and bred to in the high speed mode, where the dual-step-bottom design is expected to pay dividends none of our 3 drivers could run the boat in a straight line for more than a few minutes at normal trim without inducing a persistent rock. The only way to to remove this rock completely was to tab it out, which meant scrubing off speed.
    So read between the lines. If 3 skilled test drivers had problems and Hot Boat actually wrote it then you know there is problems. How often to you hear them say that many negative things about a boat? This test was with only a HP525 so imagine with some big ponies, look out!
    If you're a future owner in this size class and have the means, this hull certainly deserves a look-but,more importantly, it deserves a drive. As nice as this is, we'd not recommend it unless you've ridden in and driven one with your power setup.
    That pretty much says it all. I don't think I've seen Hot Boat slam that hard ever.
    Last quote
    Lavey says there is no issue with their bottom, and certainly you don't go around winning Factory Offshore racing titles with a skewed bottoms. Possibly it was a result of the setup, or possibly, as Lavey suggests, we just didn't get a rope around it. Either way, a sustained, flat, uneventful cruise at high speed in the 525EFI version certainly eluded us.
    So Lavey told Hot Boat your test drivers don't know how to drive, Wow! I'm sure the ones they race have a little more done to the bottom, hopefully. I'm glad to see Hot Boat give us a true and unbiased report, it's good to see.

Sun burners
    WOW!

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by BoatFloating
    Here is a couple qoutes from the write up.
    So read between the lines. If 3 skilled test drivers had problems and Hot Boat actually wrote it then you know there is problems. How often to you hear them say that many negative things about a boat? This test was with only a HP525 so imagine with some big ponies, look out!
    That pretty much says it all. I don't think I've seen Hot Boat slam that hard ever.
    Last quote
    So Lavey told Hot Boat your test drivers don't know how to drive, Wow! I'm sure the ones they race have a little more done to the bottom, hopefully. I'm glad to see Hot Boat give us a true and unbiased report, it's good to see. Haven't seen the latest Hb Yet, just got it today. Based on the negitive review of the Lavey, I'm assuming that Lavey didn't buy an ad this month!

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
    ...they don't call it a demonstration ride for nothing!
    HH your're killing me......

havent read the article,but the quotes by ***boat sound very familar.the boat is a handful above 70 in certain conditions.i have an openbow and dont know if the test was done with an openbow or closedbow so i cant comment on how the closedbow acts.i basically was told that i really didnt know how to drive the boat and needed to learn how to drive a twin step vee.i feel that my 20 plus years of boating 4 with a 100mph cat that i had learned something but i guess not.i really dont let people drive the boat which normaly i could care less about just for the simple fact that it can be a handful at times.it is funny at 60 to 65 i would drive the boat in any condition the ride is incredible and solid as any i have ever felt.but once past 65 the ride can become more of this is a blast hauling ass to whats going to happen next.ofcourse driving it trimed real hard fixes this but it really dosent it just scrubs off enough speed that your back in the sweet zone.so what the point of having a twin step to pick up mph if you have to control it all the time i dont know.im not telling everyone this to bash lavey because i feel they are a very solid company with great products and customer service and would buy another lavey in a minute, but i have felt this way about the boat since i have owned it and have had said basically what ***boat said word for word.im just going to live with it but i must say that having a few test drivers feel exactly like i do have giving me some satisfaction.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast