Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Boat magazine's review of the Lavey 2750

Havasu Cig
    LM,
    Take your time and look around and drive some boats. I would also look at some East Coast stuff as well. Don't limit your choices, you might be suprised what is out there that is not built on the West Coast.
    If you really want to get a good idea of the boats you have to choose from, got to the Miami and L.A. show.
    Pantera, Sunsation, Formula ect... as well as the West Coast Companies mentioned all build good boats. For my money in a boat in that size range I think i would look hard at the Pantera, but that is just my .02.

Havasu Cig
    Here is a new 03 for sale. Awesome boat that you could run at both the lake and in the ocean.
    http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=69609

SoCalOffshore
    All I can say is mmmmmm. That certainly doesn't speak well of the hull and/or set-up. I remember the first time I rode my boat at Havasu on a flat day. I left the marina and ran 75 mph to Havasu Springs. The boat was just smooth. I could have left the helm and taken a nap in the cabin and I doubt the boat would have moved off center.

Steamin' Rice
    Is that whay they mean when they call it a "driver's" boat??

Laveyman
    Jim,
    Thanks for your input on your 2750. It's odd that not only you don't know how to drive, but neither did the three test drivers!
    Most manufacturers will tell you that Hot Boat, Powerboat, and most other magazine's are "advertising generated." Basically put, if you want one of your boat's on the cover, you better be spending big bucks on full-page ads. If you spend big bucks on these ads, they are also not as likely to bite the hand that feeds them.
    So, for all three test drivers to note the same problem, AND for Hoat Boat to actually publish the problem, there's gotta be something to it.
    Yes, there is something to the hull winning the Factory 1 class, but remember, those boats are not running flat out 80+ MPH. They are out on the ocean, under rough conditions and typically do not get up to full potential speed for very long. I believe the only difference between a production hull bottom and the F-1 boat's bottom is the F-1 boat's bottom was blueprinted. That should not make a major difference in handling.
    I'm not giving up 100% on the Lavey, yet. I truly love the lines of the boat. But if it will not do what I'd expect it to do, then I'd be a fool to not also look at the others that are out there.

LaveyOne
    What's up everyone. I just wanted to jump on here and lend my .02 cents on the topic and the write-up.
    I own a 2750 and have one of the early models of it (pre-hull modification.) We (my brother and I) have a Whipple Charged 500HP in it and have seen 88 mph in the salt and 85 in Havasu. It is a closed-bow set-up, so like Boatnam, I can't comment on the opposite, the open bow.
    All I know is that we get a very stable ride at ALL speeds and have NEVER felt unsafe in our boat. In fact, we have run numerous Poker Runs, including S.C.O.P.E., along side the big boys and have held our own, respectfully.
    It seems odd that EVERY OTHER WRITE-UP done on this model has been a rave, with the exception of the Boatnam boat, also a ***boat article. Magazines such as Powerboat, Family & Performance Boating, and Poker Runs America have all tested the 2750 and have given nothing less than the highest marks.
    I personally know the owner of the boat in the write-up and know that he couldn't be happier with his purchase and his boat. Before you all go jumping the quality that Lavey has worked so hard to build, go for a ride in one. I, for one, would be happy to pilot any of you on these boards in our Lavey.
    Like the article said, you can't win championships in a ill-handling boat. I've ridden in the F-1, the Poker Run Edition, and a couple of customer 2750's. They all seemed to handle very well and similar to mine. This I have first-hand experience on.
    But again, just my .02 cents ...

Reaper1
    I have yet to recieve my new issue so I haven't read the article but, if you wanna go fast without any "ill handling" characteristics, Buy a Cat!

i will take that ride any day laveyone,and pay for gas and everything. the sooner the better.im very curious to see how a closedbow with the same power rides compared to mine because i think that is a major factor in the way mine rides.is the boat that was tested a openbow.

well rd you drove my boat what did you think about the ride.you have driven many different boats so i would say you can drive a boat.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast